Chapter 27

To say I was worried would be an understatement.

Pregnant, again, in the middle of an apocalypse.

Theres no way to tell if i'll survive it, Ricks wife died giving birth, whos to say I wouldn't?

It had been 3 months since I had found out i was pregnant. We were still in the apartments luckily, hopefully we would still be here for the birth aswell, otherwise we could be in trouble.

My belly  was starting to show now and it was getting pretty obvious i was pregnant. I hated it.

It had been different this time compared to last time though. I was getting a lot more pains through my stomach which i took as a bad thing, but didn't tell anyone, i didn't want sympathy, i didn't want people to worry about me, to be honest, i didn't want anyone to speak to me at the moment, i was just not in the mood.

"Are you sure you can't get any grapes?"

"Em, its the middle of winter, we can't grow them, we can't get them from a shop, they'll be moldy and discusting"

"Urghhhh"

I slammed my head back down onto the pillow, i had a serious craving for grapes and i can't even have any, are you for real.

I waited for Rick to leave the room before crying out in pain into the pillow. My tummy was hurting, badly, and i mean badly.

I decided to get up and get a drink in hopes it would stop the pain. I got out of bed a turned to grab my bottle when I saw a big blood patch on the white sheet. I looked down at my leggings and saw there was a dark patch, and blood was dripping onto the floor.

Shit.

"Fuck" I said a little to loudly and heard footsteps coming towards the door, before i had the chance to hide the door opened to reveal Daryl. He looked at me wide eyed and worry spread across his face. I knew what was happening, he didn't.

He came in and shut the door. "Em are you okay? Why are you bleeding? Oh my god!" He said panicking. 

"Daryl, it's a miscarriage, its nothing serious. I'm not going to die" I acted as if i didn't care, even though i really did want to have this baby.

"What the hell is a miscarriage!?" He said loudly.

"I've lost the baby"

His face became sad and he tried to hug me, but i pushed him away.

"I dont want sympathy, I want to be alone"

He nodded and walked out, before he shut the door he said "You do realise you will have to tell Rick" I nodded and he shut the door. I changed my leggings and put some period towels in my underwear. No one knew that this wasn't the first miscarriage I have had.

I did have one while i was with Shane. I never told him that i was pregnant, he really didn't want kids, but i had a miscarriage 3 months in, just like now, so i knew exactly what to do. 

I took the sheet off the bed and replaced it with a new one. I put the leggings and sheet in a bag and left it in the corner. I walked out of the room and Rick was there, well i can't hide it now can I, he knew i was pregnant, so when i just didnt have a baby in 6 months time how was i supposed to explain that.

"Rick?"

"Is everything okay? My little babys doing good?" He said putting his hand to my tummy.

Tears came to my eyes

"Em? Whats the matter?"

"Rick, i, i, i had a miscarriage, im sorry, im so so sorry, i wish i could change it, this is all my fault"

"What? Em this is not your fault. It could never be your fault. Don't be sorry, its okay, its probably for the best that you don't get pregnant in an apocalypse anyway"

I nodded and he hugged me.

"When this is all over, we will have our own little family, the two of us, i dont know how long it will be, but it will be worth it in the end"

I smiled at his words and sat down on his lap, before drifting off into a deep sleep.