Chapter 34

Okay so im sat in the back of a police car with Rick and Daryl. The others are all behind us in the other police cars.

"You are going to defend me right? You know that i'm innocent, you know that i would not start this" I asked them both.

"Ofcourse Em, we know you wouldnt, we know you are innocent, we will take whatever it takes to keep you out of this place. It was a virus that started this its obvious, you said that when you were bit you could feel a fever taking over, just like when you have a bad cold or flu, unless you were a scientist or something and were able to do that, then you didn't start it and thats obvious" Daryl said.

"Thanks Daryl, can you speak to the others when we get there? I need them to know that i did not start it, even though they probably already know"

"Sure Em"

"Thanks"

"Em, if you get put in prison because of this i'm going to go out of my mind. Its impossible that you could ever do this, and how the hell would i look after all the kids by myself? Especially a newborn baby!" Rick said, obviously worried.

"Rick, dont worry, if it comes to the worst, get Beth to come stay with you for a bit, or the babysitter, ask if she will stay with you so that you have an extra hand"

When we eventually got there i was shaking, i know i didnt do it but that doesn't stop the fact that i could be put into prison for this.

Everyone else was questioned before i was. They all promised to defend me and that they knew i didnt do it.

"Emily Rigg, may you please come in"

I got up and walked into the room confidently and sat down at the chair. Two officers sat on the opposite side of the desk, they leaned forward to intimidate me but I knew I was innocent and would not give in to their actions.

"Where were you when the apocalypse started?"

"In my house"

"Who were you with?"

"My family, parents, 2 sisters and brother"

"What were you doing the week before the apocalypse started?"

"How do you expect me to remember what i was doing like 11 years ago?"

"Why did you have so much of the cure at the place you were staying at the time?"

"We didn't care what we got, we picked up anything on runs, we scraped the shelves clean, we had a lot of everything"

"Why on the day you were bit did you say to Mr Daryl Dixon and Mr Rick Grimes that you 'might die today'?

"Because its true. It was just a coincidence that I actually happened to die temporarily on that day."

I could see them getting irratated and i didnt show any signs on weakness.

"Look Miss Rigg, we KNOW you did this, we have been TOLD"

"BY WHO?"

"Your parents, your sisters and brother"

I started laughing hysterically at this.

"When?"

"Today, before we came to you"

"Are you joking? My parents are dead! My brother was brutally murdered infront of me, my older sister was bit infront of me and my 3 year old sister was stabbed in the head, and your telling me that they told you today? Bullshit i tell you."

"Right thats it, we're putting you in a cell"

"Well your bloody damn not!" But before i could protest any further there were handcuffs around my wrists.

The officers lead me out past all of my friends as i fought at them trying to get them to let me go.

"LET HER GO!" I heard Rick shouting and then he grabbed my arm. "Dont take her in, please"

The officers simply pulled me away and I was put into a cell where they could see me, they put me inside, unlocked my handcuffs and locked the cell door. This felt familiar in all the wrong ways.

Everyone was allowed to speak to me before they left. Some were crying, others worried as hell, some both. They eventually had to leave and I was stuck in the cell. I had a TV so i turned it on and it was the news.

"Today the woman who apparently started the apocalypse was arrested and is now in jail. Miss Emily Rigg, who we have been informed by officers admitted to starting the apocalypse back in 2010. However, I do not believe this is the case. I lose family members to a virus, that turned them into flesh eating monsters. This woman was a model before it started and would be unable to create a virus such as this, because you simply would need the right equipment and there is only a select few people in America who have this. In the studio tonight we have Mr Rick Grimes, Emilys boyfriend and Mr Daryl Dixon, Emilys best friend. They have confirmed for us that Emily is innocent and that there is no way this could have ever happened. So, to the officers that put Miss Rigg into a cell today. Release her by tomorrow morning at 9AM. Or suffer the consequences. And now onto the news."

I turned the TV off and started to kick the doors until the officers turned up.

"I hope you saw the news"

"We did, we want to see what the consequences are, we are not releasing you."

I sighed and fell back onto the bed, before falling asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up at 9AM to banging on the police stations doors. I stood up and saw officers opening the doors, and in stormed all of my friends, followed by many people i did not recognise, people i did not know. My friends were holding guns aimed at the officers. Rick appeared from within the group with a shotgun.

"You let her go, or you die. You die for lying, for locking up and innocent girl, you die for everything you have ever done."

The officers soon cowared and unlocked my cell door. I ran out and straight into Ricks arms.

"Thankyou so much, thankyou so so so much" I cried into his shirt.

I heard his gun drop and his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"I would never ever leave you in here"

"I love you so much Rick"

"I love you too"