Chapter 37

2 Years Later

The wedding day

Ricks P.O.V

I stood at the front of the church with Daryl, my best man at my side.

I was unbelievably nervous.

I checked my watch.

11:41

We were to get married in 19 minutes.

I spoke to Daryl about everything.

"What if she doesnt come?" I said to him panicked.

"Rick. That girl loves you more than anything else in this world. She has stuck with you through everything, yeah sometimes in the apocalypse she got angry with you and ran off. But she always came back to you, remember? The last thing going through her head today will be the idea of not turning up"

Emily P.O.V

I stood in the bedroom facing the mirror in my dress, Beth had done my hair and makeup for me. She was one of my bridesmaids since Megan was a little to young, but Megan would be stood with them. Beth, Kara and Holly were my bridesmaids. Maggie was my maid of honour. And Glenn was going to give me away, since I did not have my dad with me anymore.

Me and the girls got into the limo that was waiting for us and we went to the church.

I stood outside, Rick was in their.

Glenn met us at the door and he came and hugged me.

"You ready?"

I nodded.

Maggie went into the church to go stand at the front with Rick and Daryl. I hoped they were there.

"Glenn, are they here? Is Rick here?" I asked panicked.

He nodded. That instantly calmed me down a little.

The girls stood behind me with their baskets of flowers.

Glenn linked his arm with mine and kissed my cheek.

"Everything will be fine Em, I promise"

I smiled. "Thankyou, Glenn"

I heard the music start and that was our cue to walk in.

The girls started to throw the flowers behind me as we walked in the door.

As soon as I saw Ricks face beaming at the front of the church I bowed my head, smiling.

When we got to the front Glenn hugged me and went to sit down, as i carried on walking up next to Rick.

When I was stood there I was facing him, he took my hands in his as the music stopped and the vicar (Abraham, since he decided he wanted to marry us and filled out one of those online things which made it legal for him to do it) came and stood with us, he said his speech and then it was time to say our vowes.

Rick went first.

"When I met Emily neither of us were going through a great time. But as soon as I saw her, I knew she was the one. I just knew it. We have been through an awful lot, and i know this is short, but I don't think much needs to be said to show how much I love her, since the fact that im standing here today ready to marry her, says it itself"

He smiled at me and tears started to form in my eyes.

It was my turn.

I cleared my throat

"When I met Rick, we were in the middle of the apocalypse, I was being chased by walkers, trying to protect my little brother, when two members of Ricks group seen us, Daryl and Michonne, and saved us. After that, Rick agreed to take us in. When I saw him the only thing going through my head was, 'Fucking hell is he gorgeous!'" Some people giggled when I said that "turns out that a few days later, we kissed, and then we got split up because zombies aren't the only threat in the apocalypse, people are aswell, and sometimes they are worse. We didn't see eachother for a few months. We got split up several times during the apocalpyse. And now here we are today, together for 13 years, been through hell together, and now we have 9 children, Carl, Judith, Kara, Holly, Jesse, Connor, Megan and Jack. And lets just say, I could not love anyone more than I love this man stood infront of me"

I looked to everyone sat down, some had tears in their eyes.

Abraham spoke.

"You may kiss the bride"

Ricks arms went straight around my waist and his lips crashed against mine. 

"I now present you  husband and wife! Now Mr and Mrs Grimes, lets get to the party!" Abraham said and everyone laughed.

Everyone drove to the party in their own cars. Except our 'group', so Rick, Daryl, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Beth, Michonne, Bob, Sasha, Tyreese, Carol, Judith, Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Kara, Holly, Jesse, Connor, Megan and Jack, went in the limo, it was tight, but we managed.

When we got their, I spoke to everyone who was congratulating us on our marriage, and just talking to everyone in general.

By the end of the night, lets just say that in Daryls words, we got 'Shitfaced drunk'.

Luckily Lily had come to the wedding so she was looking after the kids for us. Rick and I stumbled up the stairs together before i was pushed onto the bed and my dress would have been ripped off of me, but I wasn't having any of that, so it was gently taken off of me. And you can guess what happened that night.

The next chapter is most likely going to be the last one, it will be forward a few years though but i dont know if i will make it the last chapter or not, i might go to 40 chapters. not sureee