Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)

*Four Years Ago - 6th Grade*

"Peter!" I scream while rolling down the hill.

I finally get to the bottom and sit up and dust all the dirt off of my shirt and pants. I look up and see Peter at the top of the hill smiling his goofy little smile.

I slowly get up and yell "You're such a jerk! I'm covered in dirt now!" I laugh and start to run back up the hill towards him.

When I reach the top I playfully shove Peter in the shoulder. He pretends that it hurts and makes a painful face. We look at each other and instantly burst out laughing.

"It was really funny Y/N! I couldn't resist not pushing you!" Peter says, backing up a little, knowing that I would shove him again.

"Just be glad I'm not mad at you, or you would be in BIG trouble, Parker"

Peter laughs again and looks at his watch, "We should be getting back to my house. Aunt May will have a fit if we're not home by six"

We start to walk to Peter's house, talking and laughing about memories from first grade. We ran through town trying to see who could get back to Peter's house first. I was in the lead, but then I trip and fall over a big stick in the sidewalk.

"OW! Peter!!" I yell clutching my leg.

Peter begins to sprint towards me and kneels down when he reaches me.

"What happen?" He says.

"I tripped and fell over that stick. My leg really hurts!"

"Pull up your jeans, let me see if it's bleeding." Peter says concerned.

I slowly pull up my jeans worrying that it would hurt. My knee is covered with bright red blood. The scrape isn't that deep. But it stung really bad.

"Here, let me help you up." Peter says. He grabs my arm and slowly lifts me up. He places my arm around his neck and slowly walks back to his house with me.

When we get to his apartment, he knocks and waits for Aunt May to open the door. The door slowly opens and I see Aunt May with her hair up, meaning she was probably cooking dinner.

"Y/N, what happened?" She says looking at my knee.

"She tripped and fell on our way back here" Peter states helping me onto the couch.

Aunt May and Peter get out a first aid kit and began to take care of my leg, wrapping it up and putting an ice pack on it. I stayed for dinner and it was about eight o'clock when I was getting ready to walk home to my house.

'How am I going to tell Peter?' I thought. 'I'll tell him when he's walking me out'

"Ready to go Y/N?" Peter asks as he opens the door.

"Yeah!" I turn back around to Aunt May, "thank you so much for dinner and for fixing my knee."

Peter and I walk down and get into the elevator. I begin to feel nauseous as I turn to Peter and say, "Peter we need to talk."

"About what?"

"I have something to tell you. And I need you to promise not to be mad."

"Why would I ever be mad at you?" Peter asks. He looks really nervous.

The elevator door opens and we get out and walk outside. I stop walking and turn to look Peter in the eye.

"I'm moving to Michigan." I feel tears well up in my eyes.

"What?" I could tell he was starting to get angry cause he was kicking his foot like he does when he gets upset.

"I'm so sorry. My mom's job is transferring her there. I have no choice! I leave Monday." I can't even look at him. Tears are rolling down my face.

"So, we have two days left together?" Peter asks softly.

"I'm sorry. I have to go. But I'll see you tomorrow." I don't look up at him as I turn and run away. My leg hurt when I ran but I didn't care. I couldn't stay there with Peter. I felt so guilty.

*Two days later*

The past two days with Peter have been the best. We went to movies, the mall, restaurants. We tried to fit everything we could into two days. We promised to keep in touch with each other. But that would be difficult because neither of us have cell phones yet.

"Y/N! It's time to go! Say goodbye to Peter and Aunt May, then get into the car." My mom says as she takes a phone call.

I look to Peter and realize there are tears in his eyes. There are tears in mine too. We both couldn't help but cry. I look to Aunt May who looks very sad.

"Thank you for taking care of me when my mom and dad we're going through their divorce. Thank you for being more of a mom to me than my mom actually is." I give her a big hug and wipe my eyes as we pull away.

"Just stay the kind, sweet, and amazing girl you are. Never change Y/N." She kisses me on the cheek then backs away to let Peter and I say goodbye.

"Peter," I tried to talk without crying but it didn't work, "thank you for being my best friend for seven years. I wouldn't have wanted to be best friends with anyone else."

"Thank you for being my best friend when no one else would." Peter says giving me a big hug.

"I'll miss ya, Parker." I wiped tears from my eyes and watch Peter do the same.

"I'll miss you too, Y/L/N."

"Y/N! We have to go!" My mom shouts from the car.

"Goodbye!" I get into the car and wave to Peter and Aunt May.

Off to Michigan.

*One month later*

I've been calling Peter everyday, but it's been difficult because we both have so much homework, and I've been busy with my new friends. I decide to call him up because I was bored and my mom wasn't home.

I dial his number and hear the line ringing.
"Hello?" His squeaky voice says from over the phone.

"Hey, it's Y/N"

"Hey Y/N, listen I can't really talk right now. I have a ton of homework." He paused, "you understand, right?"

I stayed silent for a minute, trying to come up with a response that didn't make me sound clingy.

"Yeah of course!" I feel tears slowly begin to form in my eyes, "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Pete."

I hang up the phone and lay back on my bed and slowly fall asleep.

~

Calling Peter became harder and harder. He was always busy with homework, and I became quite the social butterfly, which was very new to me, since I wasn't popular in New York.

Our nightly talks became weekly talks, and our weekly talks became monthly talks, and slowly we stopped calling each other. We both got busy with other activities. And the name Peter Parker, became a distant memory.