Part 15 - I Missed You

I woke up during the middle of the night crying. Elise heard and sat on my bed and talked to me for about a half hour.

The sun shone brightly through my balcony doors the next morning. I kept trying to pull my blankets over my face, but Elise kept pulling them off telling me I can't hide from my issues.

The morning was tough, I never looked or talked to Mandy. Neither did Elise.

I poured myself a glass of water and sat down with Elise at the table. Elise's mother comes up to us and sits down, "If it's alright with you girls, and I'm sure it is, we're gonna keep Mandy home for a couple of days."

I didn't speak, but Elise did, "Yes! Thank you mom."

I look up at her and smile, she gives a sad smile and walks back upstairs.

I finish my drink and Elise says we should get going and I nod my head. I go into the living room and grabbed my backpack. I left it there after the incident yesterday.

Elise kept trying to start a conversation with me on the walk to the subway and on the subway. I never replied. She eventually gave up.

We arrived at the doors of Midtown. Elise started to walk inside, but I just stood there.

Elise walked back over to me.

"I can't face him today." I said.

"Y/N, you'll be OK." Elise said, "Trust me."

Elise gave me a little push and I started to walk inside. She started to talk about my old school, and how the guy that used to hit on me got suspended because he set off a stink bomb in the science lab when the teacher was in the back of the room but he didn't know. It made me laugh.

I got to my locker and unlocked it. I grabbed my algebra book and notebook. I saw Peter and Ned at his locker. I started at him for a couple of seconds until I saw him turn around and stare at me.

Peter's POV: 

"Hey Peter," Ned says walking up to me at my locker.

I don't reply and shove books into my locker, "I messed up Ned."

"Messed up what?" Ned asked.

"Messed up my relationship with Y/N"

"Well what happened?"

I told him the events that happened last night and how I went home and stayed in my room trying to text Y/N, but she wouldn't answer.

"Have you tried talking to her in person?" Ned asked.

"She's not here yet."

Ned looked over to her locker, "She's right there, and she's watching us."

I turn around to see her standing with her locker open. Elise at her side, but no Mandy.

I watch her for a moment, and she watched me. Her hair was down and straight. She had some makeup on. She was wearing a over sized dark blue sweatshirt that said "The Mitten State". Elise said something to her and she looked away from me. She shut her locker, gave me one last look and walked away.

I leaned back against my locker and gave a long sign.

"You have algebra with her first period, right?"

I ran my hands through my hair, "Yeah,"

"Just go talk to her," Ned said, "I have to go."

Ned smiled and walked away. I made my way to the algebra room, and walked into the room. I saw Flash sitting on the desk, talking to Y/N and Elise. They were laughing at what he was saying. Flash's eyes met mine, and then he looked back to Y/N and Elise. He mainly had his eyes on Y/N.