Part 37 - Dinner

~Friday~

The next few days were normal. Peter and I both went to school and then in the afternoon went on patrol.

Ned was constantly talking about Spider-Man and Gemini. Peter told me that Ned knows about him being Spider-Man. I would totally tell Ned about me being Gemini, I just don't know if it's a good idea.

I avoided my mom the entire week. I'm probably being a petty self-absorbed teenage girl, but I didn't care. I always wanted to spend some quality time with my mom, but she was always too busy with work, and now she's too busy with her new "boyfriend".

I've been staying with my dad during the day, then I'd go home at night, and then back to my dad's after school. I've really missed him, and it's nice being able to spend some time with him after almost four years.

I've been nervous about my dinner with my family and Peter. My mom hasn't seen Peter since we left, and neither has my dad. I just hope they like him. My dad always liked Peter, he liked that he was very smart and kind of awkward.

I just really hope dinner goes well tonight.

~~

"Hey," Peter catches up to me in the crowded hallway of the school.

"Hey Pete," I look to him, "So dinner tonight right?"

"Yeah, yeah it should be fun,"

I laugh, "I hope so. You haven't seen either of my parents since we left for Michigan."

"What if they don't like me anymore?" Peter stops in the hallway and looks at me.

I take his hand in mine, "Peter, of course they're going to like you. They always have, you have nothing to worry about."

He nodded at me, and we continued to walk down the hallway and to our next class.

~~

After school, I went to my dad's house to hang out and do homework. My dad suggested that we go over to my mom's a little early to help her set the table for dinner.

I unlocked the front door with my key and led my dad inside. He looked around at the house for a bit until my mom walked in.

She paused when she saw my dad, "Hello Marcus,"

He nodded and gave a little wave, "Hey Sherri,"

I break the awkwardness, "Need help setting the table?" I ask.

"Oh yes, thank you," She walks into the kitchen and hands me some plates, I set them on each of our spots.

The doorbell rings just as I finished putting the napkins out, "I'll get it!" I tell my parents.

I run to the door and open it, Peter is standing there wearing the same outfit he went to school in, just like I am. I open the door and he looks at me, "Hey,"

"Hey, Peter," My mom and dad both walk over to greet Peter at the door.

"Oh my gosh, look at little Peter Parker!" My mom exclaims as Peter walks in, "You've turned into such a handsome young man."

Peter blushes, "It's nice to see you again Ms. Y/L/N,"

My dad stares at Peter for a minute and then holds out his hand for Peter to shake it, "It's great to see you again Peter," He says slowly.

Peter shakes my dad's hand. My dad's expression turns shocked, "Hell of a grip," he laughs.

Peter gives a little laugh. "Well I think we should all eat, I'm starving." I tell them.