Part 3 - Hey Parker...

*Previous Chapter*

"Peter?"

He looks puzzled and slowly answers, "yeah?"

"Peter Parker?"

"Yeah, have we met?"

"It's me. Y/N Y/L/N!" I say softly.

His eyes go wide and he takes a step back, "Y/N?"

I can't believe what happening. I never expected to see Peter again, yet here I am standing in front of him, for the first time in four years. 

"Hey, Parker. I can't believe I'm actually seeing you again," I say trying to contain my excitement.

 Peter didn't speak for a minute. I decided to look away from him so I didn't look creepy. Peter slowly opens his mouth, then closes it again. 

He looks down for a minute, then softly says, "Why are you here?" 

'Why is he acting so weird?' I thought to myself. 

"My mom got transferred back to Queens, and enrolled me here." I back up from him, "I can't believe I'm seeing you again." 

Peter looks up at me and gives a weak smile. "I haven't seen you in four years," he says. 

"Yeah," I look down at my feet, "it's sad that we lost touch. I remember us promising to keep in touch." 

"Yeah, I remember waiting in my room one night for your phone call." He looks me in the eyes, then back down to his feet, "It never came." I can tell he's trying to give a sincere smile.

'When did that happen?' I feel a knot form in my stomach. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I feel my cheeks getting hot. 

I study Peter for a minute. He looks way different than how he did when we were kids, but still the same. His style in clothes hasn't changed much. His hair was dark brown with little curls in it. It was pushed to the side. He's definitely not as skinny as he was in 6th grade. He's gotten pretty muscular since I last saw him, which was odd because Peter never seemed like the athletic type to me. 

The silence was broken and Peter looked up at me and said, "We should probably head to your first class. What is it?" 

He reaches for my schedule and I hand it over to him. 

"Algebra!" He looks up at me and gives me a big toothy smile, "Awesome! I have that class too." 

"Great!" I start to walk out the door but I don't hear Peter behind me. I turn around and see him standing in the same spot where he was before looking at me. 

"You coming?" I ask. 

Peter's POV: 

I can't believe she's here. It's been four years since I last saw her. 

She looks a lot like she used to. I can faintly see her little heart shaped birthmark on the side of her cheek. I can tell she's wearing light makeup because it's not as dark as it usually is. She starts to walk to the door when I notice that she still has the small robin key chain that we bought together at the zoo hanging from her backpack. 

"You coming?" 

I snapped out of my thoughts and realize that Y/N has been staring at me waiting to leave. 

"Yeah, sorry I got distracted." I walk towards her and we walk out of the office together. 

Y/N's POV:

Peter leads me through the halls filled with hundreds of kids. He easily makes his way through the crowd while I'm struggling to find my way. I catch up to Peter and walk next to him. 

"So," I study his face for a minute and then continue, "it's great to see you again." 

"Yeah! I'm glad to know you're okay." Peter looks like he has more to say than he's telling. 

"Listen, I'm sorry we lost touch. I never knew it would hurt you so much." I feel my cheeks burning up for the second time today. 

"No, it's fine. I think it hurt me a lot because I kind of, um, had a t-tiny crush on y-you." Peter looks down while walking. 

"You had a crush on me?" I start laughing like an idiot. I look up at Peter and see he looks confused. 

"Sorry," I force myself to stop laughing and continue, "It's just, I had a crush on you too." 

Peter smiles and looks down again, "Well, it's unfortunate you moved away." 

We arrive at a classroom that I assume is our class and Peter motions for me to go inside first. 

"You can sit next to me. I mean, if you w-want to." Peter's cheeks turn red and he looks very nervous. 

"Sure!" I sit down and wait for the lesson to start. 

Peter and I walk to Chemistry together and I sit next to him again since I don't know anyone else. 

The teacher starts to lecture and during the middle of the lesson I see Peter open a drawer on the side of our table and pour a liquid into it. He starts to mix it then quickly shuts the drawer. I admit I am pretty curious of what he's doing, but don't spend much time thinking about it. 

Slowly after chemistry, lunch time comes. I follow Peter into the cafeteria and watch him sit down at a table with only one other kid. He motions me to come sit with him and I see the other boy quickly lean over and whisper to Peter. 

I make my way to their table and sit down, "Ned, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Ned my best friend."  Peter says. 

"Hi, I used to be best friends with Peter, but then I moved away in 6th grade." I quickly explain to Ned. 

"Oh, just friends?" Ned asks Peter with a little smile. 

"Just friends, Ned." Peter confirms. 

We talk about Star Wars for the rest of lunch until the bell rings. Ned, Peter and I walk out of the cafeteria and to our next class. 

"So, Y/N, I was wondering if you would maybe like to come to my house after s-school?" He looks at me with a nervous smile, "y-you know, cause Aunt May would love to see you again."

"Of course! I would love to see Aunt May again!" I give him a warm smile and he looks relieved. 

"Great! I'll see you after school!" 

I give Peter a little wave and we part ways to our next classes.