Part 10 - Homecoming Game

The next morning was just like any other morning. I got up, got dressed, put on some makeup, grabbed my bag, and took the subway to school.

When I arrived at school, I saw Peter talking to Liz. I felt a knot form in my stomach, I don't know why because I know Peter would never cheat on me or anything. We've only been together for not even a full day. So I don't understand why I'm getting so worked up.

I walked over to them and put my arm on Peter's shoulder.

"Hey Y/N!" Peter said.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked

"Just talking to Liz about our project."

I turn to Liz and decide to say hi so I don't seem rude.

"Hey Liz!" I say.

"Yeah, hey Y/N." Liz says back coldly, "Well I'm gonna get going Peter. But I'll see you at the game tonight right?"

"Yeah!" Peter says.

Liz walks away and I walk in front of Peter, "What game?" I ask

"The homecoming game." Peter says. A light bulb went on in my brain, "Oh my gosh! I forgot about that!"

"Are you gonna go?" Peter asks.

"Yes of course!" I shift my feet, "Do you want me to go?"

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I?" Peter says.

"OK great! I can't wait." I exclaim, "Oh! I have to show you what my dress looks like!"

"Why?" Peter says

"Cause you're my best friend, I want your opinion."

"Y/N, you'll look b-beautiful in anything you wear. You don't need my opinion." Peter looked down at his feet and said, "I think you always look beautiful"

When Peter looked up his face was red, "Can I tell you a secret?" I asked.

Peter nodded. I motioned for him to turn his face so I can whisper in his ear. He turned and I kissed his cheek. When I pulled away from him his face was bright red and he was smiling.

"Come on, let's go to Algebra," I say.

The rest of the day was as normal as it always is. Going to classes, being teased by Ned. Talking to Peter about Spider-Man. I walked home with Peter. We kept laughing and talking about nerd stuff. I kept thinking about, 'How did I get this amazing guy to be my boyfriend?'

When I got home I instantly did all my homework so that I wouldn't be swamped over homecoming weekend. I got most of it done but still had a little bit left. I just couldn't wait for the football game. It was finally 6:50 and I decided to start heading over to school. I was wearing leggings, converse, and our blue Midtown School of Science and Technology sweater.

When I got to school, I entered the game and looked around for Peter. Everyone was wearing blue shirts. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed Peter's number.

"Hey Y/N, now isn't a great time." Peter said when he answered.

"What happened, and where are you?" I asked.

"I'm trying to catch this robber downtown. I'll be at the game soon. Got to go! Bye." Peter sounded like he was running.

The phone call was ended and I slid my phone back in my pocket. I looked around for someone I knew. To be honest, I didn't have any other friends besides Peter and Ned. I pulled out my phone again and tried to call Elise. No answer. I stood alone for at least ten minutes before I saw Peter running up to me.

"Hey sorry I was late." He apologized

"It's fine Parker. I'm not even watching the game. I just came to hang out with you, so I'm glad you're here." I smiled.

Peter blushed and we started talking about how the game and how everyone was dressed up like blueberries.

"Y/N!" I hear someone call.

I turned around and saw Flash walking towards me. Flash was the school jerk. He always gives Peter a hard time and he's always tried to get me to be his girlfriend.

"What do you want Flash?" I asked.

"Oh come on, don't act like you didn't miss me."

"I didn't miss you," I said.

Peter spoke up, "Just leave us alone."

Flash looked surprised as if he didn't realize Peter was standing there.

"Oh look!" Flash laughed, "Penis Parker is trying to defend you because he wishes you were his girlfriend."

"I am his girlfriend." I said.

A look of anger crossed Flash's face.

"What?" He asked, "You go out with Penis Parker and not me?"
"Stop calling him that Flash. His name is Peter." I say.

"Oh, I get it. You only go out with Parker to get him to do you're homework. A hot girl like you would never go for a nerd like Parker."

I lost control of myself and yelled at Flash, "That is not true! I've known Peter since kindergarten and he's been the best friend I've ever had. He's a much better person than you ever have been." 

I could feel my face red with anger.

Flash looked furious. He walked up to me quickly, grabbed my face and kissed me. I struggled to get away from him. I felt Peter's hands trying to pry Flash off of me.

"Flash!" A voice yells.

Flash quickly pulled away from me. I quickly ran over to where Peter was standing and buried my face into his chest and started to cry.

"What were you doing to that young lady?" The voice asked. His voice sounded familiar. I figured out it belonged to our principal.

"I was uh-" Flash responded.

"She could have you charged for sexual assult!" The principal said, "Go home now Flash, and I will see you first thing Monday moring in my office. " I heard our principal walk off.

I took my head out of Peter's chest and watched as a furious Flash stormed off and left.

"Are you OK?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, thank you for trying to defend me." I reached up and kissed Peter on the cheek.

"I wish I could have done more." Peter said. "You may not be a superhero all the time, but to me you're always my superhero." I said.

Peter blushed, "Come on, we should get you home cause you've had quite the night."

Peter walked me all the way home. When we arrived at my door I thanked him for his help tonight.

"Goodnight Peter," I said.

"Goodnight Y/N,"

"You're picking me up at 4:30 for homecoming dinner tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, Aunt May will be driving us since I don't have my license. Is that OK?" Peter asked sheepishly.

"That's perfect."

I said one last goodnight to Peter and gave him a peck on the cheek.

I opened the door to my house and looked back at Peter. He was gone. I looked around to see if I could find him. A flash of red and blue flies by my eye. I watched as Spider-Man swung through trees.

I laughed watching my boyfriend fly around looking for crime to stop. I always think about something, 'I didn't fall in love with Spider-Man, I fell in love with Peter Parker.'

-

-

-

Thank all of you guys for all your kind and supportive comments! I have lots of ideas for this story and I can't wait for you guys to read them! 

Love xx, 

Spidey_Hollander