Part 4 - Just Friends...

The rest of the school day went by very slowly. Since I'm starting school during the middle of the month, everyone already has their friend groups and I didn't have anyone to sit with during class. 

I was very glad when I saw Peter and Ned in my gym class. We had to do a ton of sit up's and push up's today, and as usual, I suck. Peter was doing really well. He and Ned were constantly whispering about something which, to be honest, annoyed me.

At 2:45 the final bell rang. All I could think about was finding Peter. I quickly made my way to the other side of the school and looked for Peter's locker.

I finally see his head over a crowd of people. Slowly, I make my way towards his locker. Peter seems to be very engaged in a conversation with a girl. She has dark brown hair and is absolutely gorgeous. I start to get this feeling inside me, it almost feels like jealousy.

'Wait, why am I jealous? We're just friends' I thought to myself. I force my feet to move and make my way towards him and the unknown girl.

"Hey Peter! Ready to go?" I put my hand on his shoulder protectively, just like I would do when someone was giving him a hard time in elementary school.

"Oh, yeah." Peter looks quickly at me and then at the other girl again, "I have to go, u-um maybe I'll talk to you tomorrow L-Liz." 

"Yeah, see you tomorrow Peter." Liz walks away giving me a small smile. 

I look at Peter noticing that his face is bright red.

"Ooh, does little Peter have a crush?" I say in a teasing tone. 

"What? No, she's just a friend." 

"Sure she is." I wink at Peter and he quickly changes the subject.

"So how was your first day?" 

"Not the best, I didn't know anyone besides you and Ned." I give a little chuckle.

"You'll make more friends soon." Peter gives me a long look.

I hadn't realized how cute he was. Wait, what? Where's this coming from. He's just my friend. Plus I think he likes Liz. "I'm really excited to see Aunt May again!"

"Yeah, she talks about you a lot. She's always wondering how you're doing." Peter looks at me and laughs, "She knows we stopped talking but she still asks."

The walk to Peter's house wasn't that long. We took the subway back and then walked a little bit more. He stops and walks into a building that I recognized. Peter notices that I'm staring at the building and says, "I know, we still live in the same apartment that we did four years ago."

"No, its fine. At least it's something I know." I smile at him and he smiles back.

We walk in and go up the elevator. We arrive at his floor and Peter stops in the hallway. "Why'd you stop?" I ask.

Peter turns around and has a goofy smile on his face, "Do you remember which one is our apartment?" 

I turn to the left and walk past a couple doors before I stop and point to a door, "This one, right?"

"Wow, I can't believe you remembered." 

"Well it was my second home for seven years of my life." I giggle and look down the hallway. It looks just like I remembered. 

Peter pulls a key out of his pocket and opens the door, "May, I'm home!" he yells as he throws his key on the table.

I walk inside and look around. It looks a lot like it did four years ago. Some of the furniture is different, but not much. I look to Peter and he motions for me to not talk.

"Hey May, there's someone here who wants to see you!" Peter calls back towards Aunt May's bedroom.

I see a young woman with dark brown hair and glasses emerge from the bedroom. She looks a little stressed. She looks at Peter, and than at me. I watch as her face lights up.

"Y/N?" She walks closer to me, "Is it you?"

"Yeah, it's me. I missed you so much!" A huge smile forms across my face as Aunt May runs over to hug me.

"What are you doing here?" She questions.

"My mom got transferred back to Queens. I'm living here again!" I look at Peter and see him smiling watching Aunt May and I have a reunion.

"That's great!" Aunt May turns to Peter, "We've missed Y/N so much, haven't we, Peter?"

"Yeah, we have." Peter replies.

Aunt May invited me to stay over for dinner, so I agreed. We all talked about old memories of me and Peter.

Before dinner was over Aunt May turns to me and asks, "So, Y/N, is there a special guy in your life right now?"

I almost choke on my water and I can feel my cheeks turn red, "No, not at all. I haven't had a boyfriend since eighth grade."

"And there's not anything going on between you and Peter, correct?"

I looked at Peter and saw his cheeks turn redder than mine.

"No, Peter and I are just friends." I quickly said, "Just friends," I saw looking down at my plate.

I felt Peter's eyes on me as Aunt May continued to talk to me about my life in Michigan. Aunt May was very pleased to hear about how I was the president of Student Council, and that I was runner up for homecoming queen.

After dinner was over, I sat down on the couch with Peter.

"Hey, do you want to watch a movie?" He asked.

"Sure," I say sitting up more, "what one?"

"I was thinking Star Wars," Peter's face lights up as he pulls out The Empire Strikes Back

I laugh and nod my head, "Sure Parker, we'll watch your little space movie."

Halfway through the movie I feel myself getting sleepy. My eyelids were getting heavier and I started to fall asleep, but woke up again during a battle scene. I saw Peter watching the screen intently at every single move the characters made. I finally gave up on trying to stay awake. I lean my head on Peter's shoulder and drift of into a deep sleep.