Part 47 - A Walk

Peter's POV:

"Peter," Y/N spoke softly, "I believe you, and I forgive you."

I felt a little happiness come back into my body as she said those words. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, and the happiness turned into worry.

"But I need a little more time to think. I'm sorry," her voice cracked.

It's like I could physically feel my heart break in two as she got up out of her chair and made her way into the elevator.

I sat there frozen staring at the space where she sat. I didn't know what to think. It's like I already missed her. I heard her sob as the elevator door closed and I did the same.

I feel a body come and sit next to me, "What happened, kid?" I look to see Mr. Stark sitting next to me. He places his arm around me as if he was comforting me.

"She believed me," I told him.

"That's great!"

"But she also just broke up with me," I got up and began to walk away from Mr. Stark.

"Kid, where are you going?" He calls after me, but his voice sounded distant and far away.

I just kept walking as I reached the elevator and walked inside. My lifeless arm reached and clicked on the down button.

I walked out of the elevator once it reached the bottom floor and I grabbed my phone from my pocket. I searched through my contacts for Y/N's name.

I found her name and I clicked the call button, but as I assumed, no answer. I tried texting her a couple of times asking if we could talk, but no response.

I needed to talk to her. I know she didn't go home, so she's probably staying with someone. My brain hurt trying to think about who Y/N was good friends with, that she could be possibly staying with.

I hoped it was someone to give me answers on how Y/N was doing, and help me get her to talk to me. Think Peter, think. 

My mind became clear as I realized that she was probably staying with the one girl who would never give me answers, MJ.

~

Y/N's POV:

On the way back to MJ's house I stopped at a local supermarket and bought two tubs of ice cream. The lady at the checkout looked at me strangely but sympathetically. Probably because I was a teenage girl, with smeared mascara, red puffy eyes, carrying two big tubs of ice cream.

I finally reached MJ's house and walked up to her porch and then attempted to knock with the tubs of ice cream in my hands.

I hear her footsteps from the other side of the door and she unlocks and opens the door, "Hey, what happened?" Her voice was concerned but confused.

I walked into her house and held up the ice cream, "I got ice cream,"

"Put down the ice cream and tell me what happened?"

I sniffed and set the ice cream down on her kitchen table and then made my way to her couch and flopped down on it, "Mr. Stark called me because Peter was there and he was depressed. He wanted me to talk to him. So I went down there and got Peter's side of the story."

"And?" She asked sitting down on the couch.

"I believed him. He said nothing else happened and he knew what he did was wrong. He said he left right after they kissed. And I believe him and I forgive him."

She shifts in her seat, "Then why does your face look like a raccoon?"

I stifle a laugh, "Because, I broke up with him. I told him I needed time. It was the hardest thing ever."