Part 40 - Delmar's

Saturday

"Y/N!" I hear someone call.

I turn over in my bed, "Y/N!"

My eyes shoot open and I see Michelle standing over me.

"What the hell?" I sit up, "Michelle what are doing?"

"I needed help with the Chem homework, so I came over," She blandly replied.

I look at her, she has her chemistry book in her hand and a pencil. Her hair is in a ponytail and she's wearing a white t-shirt with a black jacket over it.

I get out of bed and stand up, "So, my mom just let you in my room while I was asleep?"

She's drawing in her notebook, "Yup,"

I walk over to her and glance at her notebook, "So what do you need help with?"

She points to an equation, "4FeS2 +11O2 --> 2Fe2O3 + ___SO2"

I think for a moment, "It's 8SO2,"

"Oh yeah, thanks." She writes it down in her notebook.

I back away from her and grab my phone. She's still writing in her notebook when I get an idea, "Hey, wanna hang out with Peter, Ned and I?"

She looks up but only for a second, "Sure,"

I smile and open up my text messages and start a group chat with me, Peter, Ned, and Michelle:

Texts:

Y/N: Hey do you all wanna hang out today?

Peter: Sure

Ned: I don't know, are you sure you two lovebirds won't be making out the whole time?

Peter: Ned!

Y/N: God Ned, no. Let's just hang out.

Ned: OK, is MJ in?

Y/N: Yeah she's with me right now

Peter: OK, so where are we going to hang out?

Y/N: Let's meet downtown near Delmar's

Ned: See you guys in 10 minutes!

Y/N: Bye guys see you soon

Peter: Bye Y/N :)

Y/N: Bye Peter :)

MJ: Barf

Ned: Lovebirds ;D

I roll my eyes at the last text Ned sent and put my phone down on my bed.

"Alright Michelle, I have to get ready for the day," I tell her as I walk to my closet and look for an outfit.

She's already out the door as she says, "I'll be downstairs,"

I look at my clothes and pick out a red lifeguard sweatshirt that I got when I was a lifeguard at a pool in Michigan. I pair it with black leggings and white tennis shoes. I quickly grab a small black backpack and stuff my suit in there.

I go to my mirror and apply some light makeup and brush my hair.

"Y/N hurry up!" Michelle shouts from downstairs.

I open the door and walk down the stairs. Michelle is at our fireplace looking at our family pictures on the mantel. All of them were taken when I was little when my parents were still together.