Part 31 - Ember

Your POV:

Liam and I left my house to go to the store to get some stuff. I was still wearing my outfit from last night and my makeup was smeared but I didn't have time to fix it.

"OK, so let's go to that clothing store on 4th street," Liam said.

I nodded and looked off to a tree and I could have sworn I saw Peter in the distance walking away.

Wow, I must be hung over I'm starting to see things. I pushed Peter out of my mind and followed Liam into the city.

We reached the general store and that when I asked, "Why are we here?"

He looked at me, "Cause we need to get you some stuff."

He headed to the clothing section, greeting a worker as he passed by.

"You can't go out in your Gemini costume if you're going to be working with me. And if we're both going to be selling these weapons, we don't want people to know our identities."

"So what, we're buying a new outfit for when we sell weapons?"

"Exactly!" He looks through racks of clothes.

He picks out a black tank top crop top, a black leather jacket, and black leggings. He hands me all the clothes and then heads to the shoe aisle.

"This is your "suit" for me?" I ask glancing at everything that he just handed me. 

"I know it's not as good as Tony Stark's suit but it will look pretty hot and badass on you," He said shyly. 

I smile and join him in the shoe aisle. We glance over many shoes until I find a pair of black knee-high boots with a small heal. If you're committing a crime, no reason you can't look cute, right?

Finally, we headed to the costume aisle and we found a cute black masquerade mask that I could use to try and hide my identity. Liam picked out some things for himself including a plain black mask for him to do the same. 

We walked to the register with several people giving us weird glances at our purchase. 

"Y/N?" I hear a voice call me. 

I turn around to come face to face with Aunt May, "Oh, May, hi," I said awkwardly. 

Liam sets his stuff down at the cash register and then comes to grab my stuff out of my arms and sets it down as well. 

"I heard about you and Peter, I'm so sorry honey," She gives me a sad look and I give a small smile. 

"He came home drunk last night, but I could tell this morning he was missing you," Her eyes then turn to Liam, "Oh, hello,"

I snap out of my thought and introduce them, "Oh sorry, May this is Liam, my friend. Liam this is Peter's Aunt May." 

He gives her a smile and she smiles back, "Well I should get going, but it was nice seeing you Y/N and I hope to see you around the house again soon." She begins to walk off but turns around, "Nice meeting you Liam!" 

He waves and I exhale loudly. While she was there I felt like I couldn't breathe. I've known her all my life but for some reason, I felt so nervous around her today. I shake off the thought. 

"Let's pay and get going," I tell Liam and walk up to the register. 

He gives me a smirk, "Yes ma'am." 

Peter's POV:

I hear the door open, "Pete, I'm home."