Part 5 - Spider-Boy

I woke up in a place that was not my house. I looked around and it looked like I was in a boy's bedroom. It hits me that I fell asleep at Peter's last night watching Star Wars. I can tell it's morning because the sun is out. I crawl out of bed and open the door and smell eggs. I walk into the kitchen and see Peter and Aunt May eating breakfast. As I walked in the kitchen, I passed a mirror hanging on the wall.  

'Yikes. I'm a mess.'

Luckily, I had a hair band, so I wrapped my hair up in a messy bun just as Aunt May noticed me walking in.

"Good morning, dear! I called your mom last night so she wouldn't be worried. We agreed that you shouldn't walk home by yourself when it was dark out, so she just had you stay here."

I looked over to Peter and noticed him blushing. 

"Thank you, but how did I end up in Peter's room?" I sat down at the table next to Aunt May.

Peter looked at me and said, "You fell asleep on my shoulder last night and I didn't want to wake you up, so I carried you to my room." 

I looked at the couch and saw a blanket and pillow on it. I turned back to Peter and said, "Did you sleep on the couch?"

"Yeah, but it was fine." Peter gives me a warm smile, then goes back to eating his eggs. "Well, it's Saturday, what are you guys going to do today?" Aunt May questions as she turns on the TV.

The news is on and there's a story about Spiderman and how he's Queen's new superhero. "That Spiderboy is so amazing!" Aunt May asks.

"Spider-man," I hear Peter mutter quietly under his breath. 

"Is he an Avenger?" I look from Aunt May to Peter, "I don't know much about him."

Aunt May opens her mouth, but then Peter quickly responds, "No, but I bet he wants to be one." "Oh," I look at Peter strangely, "Well, I would love to meet him one day!"

Peter's head pops up and he looks at me, "Yeah, maybe that'll happen." 

I check my phone and see it's already 10:15. I get up from the table and look at Aunt May. 

"I better get going, but thank you so much for letting me stay overnight. I really appreciate it."

"I'll walk you out," Peter says as he puts his dishes away. 

As Peter and I are walking, I look at him and say, " Thank you for carrying me to your bed last night."

"No problem. I didn't want to wake you up."

"Tell me the truth, do you like Liz?"

Peter pauses for a moment and then answers, "Yeah, I have for a while now."

I get the weird jealously like feeling again, but what I can't understand is why I'm feeling like this.

We walk outside and I turn to Peter and hug him.

"I'm glad we're friends again," I say.

Peter hugs me tightly back, "Me too."

I pull away and look at his eyes. They're a dark brown and I feel like I could stare at him forever.

"Thanks again," I quickly say to break the silence.

Peter smiles at me and then he turns and walks away. A couple seconds later I hear him yell, "Wait! Y/N!"

I turn around and see him walking towards me, "Where, uh, where are you going to be tonight?" 

He says nervously.

"Just at home. Why?"

"Just wondering. I'll see you on Monday!" He says and then walks the other way.

'That was weird.'My walk home was only 10 minutes so it went by relatively quick. When I got home there was a note on the kitchen table from my mom telling me that she wouldn't be home until after midnight tonight.

It's only about 11:00 when I start my homework. Since it's all easy stuff, I go through it pretty quickly. I had nothing else to do the rest of the day, so I watched some movies like Mean Girls,  Ferris Buller's Day off, 10 things I Hate About You, and a bunch of others. 

It was about 8:00 when I finished my little movie marathon. I decided I should get ready for bed. I went to my bathroom and took off my makeup, put my hair in a messy bun, and switch into a t-shirt and shorts. 

I walk into my room and see curtains covering up a window. I open up the curtains to reveal a little balcony that can fit two people on it. I'm surprised because I never even noticed that the balcony was here. I opened the window and climbed onto the balcony. The view of the city was beautiful. 

"Wow," I say quietly to myself. 

"Wow is right," I quickly turn my head to see a person in a red and blue suit standing next to me. 

"Oh my gosh! You're the Spider guy, right?" I watch as his eyes on the suit grow larger. 

"I'm Spider-man," He says. 

His voice sounds like he's young, but I can't pinpoint a specific age. 

"So, Spider boy, what are you doing finding teenage girls and talking to them?" I laugh and his eyes get smaller. 

"It's Spider-man!" He whines. 

"You're voice makes you sound pretty young. You surely can't be 18 yet, so therefore you're a boy." I smile and he sighs. 

"Whatever, I just was swinging by and I saw you standing out here alone so I thought I'd keep you company." 

"Well, that's sweet of you. Thanks." I look back out to the city, I feel Spider-man's eyes on me, "Why are you staring at me?" 

"Oh, sorry," He looks away and then back at me, "Y-you're just r-really pretty." 

I feel myself blush and I look away. 

"Do you mind if I stay here with you for a while?" He asks. 

"I'd love that." 

We talk for a while about the city and I told him how I just moved back to Queens from Michigan. We sat in silence for a while, and I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep. 

The next morning I woke up in my bed. 'Did I dream about meeting Spider-Man?" 

I crawl out of bed and see a piece of paper on my night stand: 

Y/N, it was nice talking to you last night. I carried you in and put you in your bed after you fell asleep. I hope we can talk again sometime. 

- Spider-Man (Spider-Boy)

I laugh to myself and put the note back on my dresser. I head downstairs to get some breakfast. 

It wasn't until thirty minutes later that a question strikes my mind, 'How did Spider-Man know my name?'