Part 43 - The Ticket

The next morning, I woke up before Peter. His arms were still wrapped around me and he was breathing heavily. I turned around to face him and I reached up and started playing with his brown curls.

His eyes opened a little and he groaned, "What time is it?"

I laughed and reach towards my pillow to grab my phone. I checked the time, "8:06,"

"It's too early,"

We stayed laying like that for a couple more minutes, together, his arms wrapped around me. All of a sudden Aunt May barges through the door.

"Peter!" Her face looked confused when she saw us.

Peter and I both jumped up and sat up in bed. Aunt May is super cool so I hope she didn't think anything was happening in here.

She closed her eyes and shook her head, "Nevermind whatever I just saw in here,"

I smirked and she continued, "I thought you said Y/N's mom was out of town,"

Peter rubbed his eyes, "She is,"

"Then why did I just see her at the supermarket?" Aunt May put her hands on her hips.

I look over to Peter, eyes wide. He gets up off the bed and straightens out his shirt before looking at Aunt May.

"Um," He pauses.

"Well, it doesn't matter. I invited her for breakfast this morning," Aunt May turns around and heads for the kitchen.

Peter follows as I get off the bed and follow Peter. Aunt May grabs a pan out of the cupboard and then grabs eggs out of the fridge.

"Listen, Peter, I don't know why you lied to me, but I'd like the truth," she turns around to face us.

Peter opens his mouth but no words come out. I decide to save him from this embarrassing moment, "I asked Peter to lie," I blurt.

Aunt May and Peter both look at me, "Because my dad wants me to move to Florida with him, and my mom agreed to have me move."

I continue, "I don't want to go but they're forcing me. So I left and came here and I asked Peter to lie,"

Aunt May shook her head, "You're moving again?"

"No, I know what my parents said but I'm not going to move." I sat down at the kitchen table. Peter comes to sit down next to me.

A knock at the door breaks the silence and Aunt May goes to open it, "Hi Sherri, so good to see you again,"

"Hello," my mom responds. She walks into the apartment and comes face to face with me.

"Hello Y/N,"

I don't respond, "We're going to have to talk about this," she continues.

"It's decided. I'm not going." I respond back.

My mom sets her purse down on the kitchen table, "Oh Y/N, stop being so childish."

She turns to Peter and smiles, "Why Peter I can't get used to how much you've grown up. You've turned into such a handsome young man,"

Peter blushes, "Thank you,"

My mom reaches into her purse and rummages around for something. She pulls out a piece of paper and places it in front of me. A plane ticket.

"What is this?" I ask.

She pushes it more towards me, "Your ticket."

"You guys already bought my ticket?" I exclaimed, "Whatever happened to me getting a say in this?"