Part 42 - Bottom Bunk

"I'm sorry, did you say I'm going to Florida?" I swear my heart was beating out of my chest and my mom and dad could probably see. 

My mom smiled from my dad to me, "Isn't this going to be fun? You're going to be in sunny Florida in a week!" 

"No! It's not going to be fun," I stand up pushing my chair back, "I just got back to Queens, I have friends here that are actually sincere. You can't expect me to pack up and move to another state!" 

My mom rolls her eyes, "Oh Y/N, that's exactly what you said when I told you we were moving back to Queens, and you see? It wasn't that bad." she shrugs.

"Yeah but that's because I knew Queens, it's my hometown. And I knew some people here," 

My dad pats the table telling me to sit down, "You'll make new friends there, and it's much safer." He nods at me. 

"I don't want new friends I want to stay here!" Something hit me at that moment. I remember saying exactly that same thing when my mom told me we were moving to Michigan and I was upset about leaving Peter. 

I leave the table and begin to storm upstairs when my dad's voice catches me, "What's so bad about Florida?"My mom nods along in interest. 

I spin around on my heel, "Peter's not there!" 

Both of my parents are in shock. I instantly regret what I said. 

My mom stands up and walks towards me, "You can have a long distance relationship, but you know things don't always work out so-" 

I cut her off, "So now things with Peter aren't going to work out?" 

"I never said that," my mom raises her arms in defense. 

"Yeah, right," I scoff. I turn around and run upstairs and to my room closing the door behind me. 

I go to my closet and pull a duffel bag out and unzip it. I fill it with two shirts, a pair of leggings and a pair of jeans. 

I go to my mirror and grab my makeup bag and hairbrush and stuff them into the bag. Next, I grab some bras and underwear, because even though I'm upset, personal hygiene is still important, right?

I then open my door and go into my bathroom to grab my toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and some lotion. I zip up my duffel bag and walk down the stairs and to the kitchen. 

My mom and dad watch me as I grab my backpack with my suit inside and put it on my back. I pick up my duffel bag and head to the door. 

"Wait, where are you going?" My mom gets up and walks over to me. 

Without looking back I reply, "Somewhere," and I shut the door in her face. 

~~ 

I knew exactly where I was heading the whole time I was walking without thinking about it. Peter's. My feet took me where they wanted to go and eventually I ended up at Peter's apartment door. 

I softly knocked and waited until I heard footsteps from the other side. The locks unlock and the door opens to reveal Peter standing there with ruffled hair. He looks at me and then to my duffel bag. 

"Can I um, stay here for a couple of days?" I sheepishly ask. 

He pauses for a moment and then speaks, "Yeah, yeah of course," he opens the door wider and let's me in. 

Once I'm inside he closes the door and begins to walk towards me, "What happened?" 

"They're trying to make me move," I set my bags down on the couch, "But I am refusing so, I stormed out of the house and came here." 

I watch as Aunt May walks out of her bedroom, "Peter? Who are you talking to-" She pauses when she sees me. 

"Oh, hi Y/N, how are you?" She embraces me into a hug. 

"I"m OK," I laugh and hug her back. 

"Can Y/N stay here for two days?" Peter butts in, "Her uh-mom is out of town," 

Aunt May smiles, "Of course, make yourself at home. This is after all your home too." 

"Thank you," I begin to take things out of my bag and lay them on the couch. 

"Um, you don't have to sleep there," Peter says. I stare at him confused. 

"I mean I have bunk beds, so you could sleep in one," He shoves his hand in his pockets, "If you want," 

"Aunt May won't get mad?" I smiled. 

"No, she won't get mad," Peter chuckled. 

I placed my clothes back in my bad and zipped it up. Peter led me into his room and closed the door behind me. 

"Uh, you can take the bottom bunk, if you want," Peter said. 

I walked over and placed my bag on the bottom bunk. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket to check the time.  

"It's still early," I tell him as I place my phone on the bed. 

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked. 

I nodded and we walked back outside and to the couch. We sat down right next to each other on the couch. Peter put on an older movie which caused me to fall asleep quickly. 

I slept for about an hour before I wake up. Peter is picking me up off the couch. He carries me into his bedroom and walks to the bottom bunk. 

"Peter?" I ask groggily. He sets me down on the bed and covers me with the blankets. 

"Just go back to sleep," once I'm covered he begins to climb up to the top bunk. 

"Wait," I call. He climbs back down and comes over to me, "Will you lay with me?" I ask. 

He smiles and climbs on the other side of me. I cover him with the blankets and wrap his arms around my waist. 

"Goodnight," he whispers into my ear. 

"Goodnight, Peter," I whisper back. 

I try to fall asleep but I keep worrying about moving. I don't want to leave Peter, and I love being Gemini. Also if I move, what will happen with my relationship with Peter? I love him, and it would be hard to keep up our relationship.

"Go back to bed," Peter hugs me closer. 

"How'd you know I was awake?" I asked and looked back to him. 

He chuckled, "You said my name twice and you weren't breathing heavily," 

"Maybe I was dreamig about you," I smirk. 

"I bet you always do," he laughs. 

I elbow him lightly and turn back over, "Shut up and go to sleep," 

-

-

-

-

A/N: Again, so sorry for the short chapter, I've been sick lately so I haven't had much time to write. I know this chapter sucked. I was thinking of extending the amount of chapter from 45 to 50 so that I have a little more time to get the ending wrapped up. What do you guys think? Remember to vote, comment and follow! I love you guys! 

~ MJ Xx