Chapter 5

*Alex's POV*

Sabrina: u good now, Aiono?

Me: a little better

Sabrina: u'll be fine

Me: i hope

Sabrina: u guys maybe diff but u guys work so well

Me: oh no Sab dont go there

Sabrina: too late. U guys work so well & we dont even know why

Me: ik why, opposites attract

Sabrina: ooh ur admitting it

Me: but its tru

Sabrina: u must rlly like her

Me: I rlly made it obvi

Sabrina: too obvi Aiono

Me: aw man

Whatever, I guess it's all on me now..

--Few Minutes Later--

I walk into the recording studio to find Sara staring into the control room. I sneak up behind her. "Hey!"

"Ahhh!" Sara gasps, as she immediately turns around to see me. "Martin, never do that again!"

"I'll try not to," I laugh.

"I'm serious," she tries to keep her serious tone.

"Keep telling that yourself, Sari," I tease.

"What am I to do with you, Mr. Spanish..?" Sara rolls her eyes and laughs.

"Let's get to practicing," I hold the door for her.

She turns on the mics and I signal her if I could cue the music. She nods, and I turn on the music.

She begins. "You like New York City in the daytime, I like New York City in the night time. You say you like sleeping with the air off, I don't I need it on. You like the light coming through the windows, I sleep late so I just keep them all closed. You ignore the music on the radio, I don't I sing along."

We start singing the chorus together."I don't ask for you to change. Baby, no no no. And you don't ask for me to change." Omg, perfect way to describe our relationship--friendship! Thanks for writing this, Sabs!

"Tell me how we're not alike, but we work so well, and we don't even know why. Funny how the stars cross right cause we work so well and we don't even know why. You can call it fire and ice cause we work so well, and we don't even know why, why. We don't even know why, no no no. We don't even know why, no no no," we finish off.

"Cold outside, and you're just in a t-shirt, I have cold blood, even in a sweater. You start your night sippin my the kilo, I don't. I know you know."

Omg, that is so true! I don't even wear jackets that much when it's cold, but I don't sip by the kilo..so you go that one wrong, Sab.

*Sara's POV*

So Alex has been staring at me, all throughout the chorus. And now, I'm starting to stare at him..I wonder WHY he's been staring at me. There's no way he'd like me, cause have you seen me? I'm a trashcan. I still don't get what Alex would see in me--well if he DOES like me..