Chapter 11

*Sara's POV*

Today's the test and all I reviewed with Alex was...nothing. Thanks for nothing, Al.

"How did date night go with your boyfriend?" Ava teases.

"So great that I forgot about the test," I sarcastically tell her. "But enough about him.."

"Oh no," Ava murmurs.

"How'd go with," I clear my throat. "Danny," I say in a cringey British accent.

"You wanna go?" Ava challenges.

"Depends on what trashcan you're gonna dump me in," I shot back.

"Enough of the TRASH talk, and nobody will dumping anyone in a trashcan," Ms. Smith chimes in. "We have a test today. There will be plenty of time for your games later," she says, passing out papers.

"I'm gonna fail," I whisper to Ava.

"This is why you should've studied with Danny and me..so you wouldn't get distracted by Alex," Ava says.

"You mean so I can distract you from obsessing over Danny's "perfect" accent," I scoff.

"Hey! At least, Danny looks attractive. Alex looks like a burnt burrito from Chipotle!" Ava says, getting up from her seat.

"Well," I get up from my seat. "Danny's a bad English crumpet."

"At least he doesn't have a hair that looks like a jungle."

I gasp. She did not just say that. "Well Danny's hair is too straight."

"Alex is a pedo!"

"Danny Howell's like 5 years older than Al!" 

"We all know one of the reasons you like Alex is that because of your Ezria relationship!" 

"And we both know you like Danny for your Haleb relationship!"

"At least our love isn't forbidden!"

"That's enough you two. But first who started the fight?" Ms. Smith asks us, coming through.

Ava and I exchange clueless looks.

"Well..who is it?" She asks impatiently.

"..it was me," Ava confesses. "It was so stupid of me, I'm sorry. I'll never do it again."

"Well you young lady will be spending this afternoon in Detention with Ms. Wilkes," Ms. Smith announces and walks off.

"What was that for? I thought Detective Ava never surrenders..?" I whisper.

"Did you really think I would surrender..to Ms. Smith..?" Ava scoffs. "I only confessed to it so I can be with Danny in detention," she twirls her hair.

"Oh, I never knew you cared about that much, Ava," I sarcastically say.

"And so for you to have your time with Alex," Ava teases.

"He's probably gonna be too busy practicing with Sab anyways," I shrug.

"Aw, somebody jealous?" Ava asks.

"It's not that...--"

--BELL RINGS--

"Make sure you..." Ms. Smith drifts off.

Ava and I get up from our seats. 

"What's it then?" Ava says, pushing her seat.

"I mean, everyone ships them," I sigh.

"Sara, what'd you expect. They're touring, of course people will ship them," Ava modestly explains.

"I guess. But I always get the vibe that Sabrina didn't just invite Alex to the pool for me.."