Chapter 27

*Alex's POV*

We finally finished the video after tons of editing. And it's perfect. Sara was all giggly and smiley as usual, and I always smile at the start so. But  Maya seriously needs to be a relationship therapist.

I quickly upload a description:

AND SARBEAR SAYS SHE SUCKS. WISH HER ALL A HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY. 

Don't forget to donate to Puerto Rico, link is down below.

"I can't believe it," Sara sighs. "All my middle school--well it started in 8th grade, I wanted to sing a cover--mashup, anything with you."

"And now that dream you have lived," I smile at her, as she embraces me into a hug.

"Thanks for the best early surprise present ever, ALEX," I tell him, as I release from a hug.

"Anytime, SARA," I assure her, as I call her by her real name.

"I had a nice time, Martin," she kiss my cheek, breaking our streak of using our real names.

"Oh c'mon, you broke the streak!" I sigh.

"I'm sorry, Pablo," she jokes.

"It's fine, Maria," I joke back.

"Well I better get going. It's getting late," Sara says, looking at her watch.

"Well I guess we could look over Spanish another time," I try to remind her.

"Or we could just text about it," Sara shrugs.

I look into her eyes. Something doesn't seem right. Sara would usually say 5 more minutes for Spanish.

"Sara, algo esta mal. Dime," I break into Spanish. Ugh, the struggles.

"No es nada, Alex," she shrugs. She looks..worried.

"Tu puedes decirme cualquier cosa," I frown.

"Tengo que irme, Alex," Sara says, walking out.

I watch her, walking out.

--The Next Morning--

*Sara's POV*

"So how'd it go with Salex?" Maya coos.

"Great. OMG, you know what happened?!" I squeal.

"YouTube Mashup!" Maya says, squealing with me. "I saw it, it's already hit like 6,000 likes! I'm so proud of you!" Maya hugs me.

"Apparently it was a early "surprise" mashup," I tell her. "You have anything to do this?"

"I may have," Maya nervously chuckles. "A few things."

"You're Salex Hart couldn't wait for the day where Sara does the cover with her hero, could you?" 

"Boyfriend, you mean? And yes, my Salex Hart was on the verge of crushing," Maya dramatically says.

I giggle, trying to cover up my worry.

"Sara, what happened AFTER all the happiness?" Maya asks, trying to see through me.

I shrug. "He asked about helping me in Spanish, and then I, walked away," I quietly say.

"You did what?!" Maya asks in shock.

"It's just the word,"Spanish," alone makes me cringe," I explain.

"Sara, what's wrong?" Maya gets to the point.