Chapter 10

"I hope I'm not interrupting it," Alex says.

"You're fine, Ali," Sabrina excuses him with a nickname. And I always thought nicknames were Sara's thing with Alex.

"New one. But what's going on?" Alex asks us, looking at us back and forth.

"It's n-" Sab tries to explain. Sab needs the perfect way to confess..and I have the perfect way.

"Caleb's sick and Brina here," I nudge Sab's elbow. "was wondering, if you would want to practice--just tonight--with her?"

"..um, sure," Alex shrugs.

Sabrina gives me a look. "I'm doing you a favor, sis," I whisper into her ear.

"Well shall we get to practicing, Carpenter?" He asks Sab, guiding her inside in the control room.

Oh Alex.

*Sabrina's POV*

Sarah, I'm gonna kill you. But I'll have to survive this practice with Aiono without spilling my feelings out. Oh why I did I even ask you to go tour with me..?

"So what song do you wanna practice first?" Alex asks, sitting down on the sofa with Caleb's guitar.

"..On Purpose, I guess. I always performing that for them," I sympathetically answer his question.

Alex awes at my sweet comment. "But just 1 QUESTION," he giggles. I cringe, why Aiono? "WHY did Caleb leave his guitar here?"

"..he was too sick to come and pick it up," I cover up a lie.

BUZZ--

Sarah: Caleb wont be disturbing u, u can thank me later:)

Thanks a lot, sis.

"You ready, Brini?" Alex catches my ATTENTION. (A/N: Ik bad pun;)

I nod, turning off my phone.

He starts playing the chords, while I start singing.

"Aw dang it. That was suppose to be a GM, not a B," Alex groans.

"Don't sweat it, Al. I wouldn't expect you to memorize the chords anyways," I excuse him.

"Well I listed to a million times to know that was suppose to be a GM, not a B," he explains.

"I'm flattered," I modestly say. "but sorry to break it you, it's not a GM, it's a BM."

"Turns like I don't know the song as well as I thought it I did," he chuckles.

"I guess so," I agree with him.

He continuing playing the rest of the song, while I sing.

"That was good," Alex sighs, smiling at me.

I nod with a smile.

"But it seems like, to me," he smiles, staring off. He faces me," that you sang On Purpose with more feeling than you do on stage.."

I dramatically gasp. "Are you saying that I don't appreciate my fans as much as you!"

He bursts into giggles. "Yes, Sabby. I'm telling you that you don't appreciate your fans as much as me. Aiono Army, strong!" He tries to show off his MAJOR overbite.

"Martin, you never told me about your failed dentist," I giggle.

"I have no idea what you're talking about...but are you insulting my unknown dentist?" Alex dramatically asks.

"C'mon, your overbite. How did she miss that?" I giggle. "It's so noticeable."

"Just like your freckles," he shoots back.