Chapter 52: Complicated Feelings, Part 3

*Maya's POV*

"It's nothing," Sara spats. Casey looks back at Sara with that glassy look.

"Well..we're waiting for you two for Claire to cut the cake," I inform them.

Sara and Casey nod, as I invite them in through the back door.

"Sara, what happened..?" I whisper to her.

"..I'll tell you later," Sara shrugs, as she walks to table, where Claire was about to cut the cake. She stands next to Alex, and I stand next to her.

Claire cuts the cake. 

Everyone starts singing "Happy Birthday."

I doubt it's happy..because of what just happened with Claire and Henry--Casey and Sara...

*Sara's POV*

I'm so confused..Casey likes me?! What?!

"Sara," Claire calls me, she hands me the knife.

"Yeah, of course," I cut a little piece and feed her a little piece.

--After the cake cutting--

I sit on the sofa, next to Maya, with Alex sitting on the left of me. I fidget with my piece of cake.

"Are you sure you're ok..? You've been little..since the cake cutting," Alex observes.

"I'm fine--it's just...nothing," I shrug.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Alex sympathetically says, taking my hand.

I nod. "I'll tell you eventually.."

He chuckles. "I'll be here," he says, walking over to Claire and Alyssa.

Maya jumps in Alex's spot. "Sara, you know he'll find out eventually..?"

"I know, but..I'm just planning on erasing that moment from my mind 'cause it's just..I mean--I barely know Casey," I explain.

"True, but poor girl likes you," Maya reminds me.

I sigh," Not helping, Maya."

"Sorry," she frowns.

"Speaking of bummed, what's wrong..?" I ask Maya.

"Nothing," Maya uses my excuse.

I shoot her a look.

She puts on a glassy look and sighs," Something happened with Claire and Henry.."

"What happened?" I ask, concerned and shocked.

"They kissed..because of the mistletoe," Maya explains.

I chuckle," It was because of the mistletoe, sis.."

"I know, but, sis--but he kissed back," Maya sighs.

I embrace her in a hug.

We break apart after a few seconds. 

"Sis, if he really valued you as a girlfriend he would talk to you--explain what happened," I advise.

"Thanks," sis," Maya thanks me, embracing me another hug.

"Maya?" Henry calls for her.

She faces Henry with her glassy look," Yeah?"

"I know I've got explaining to do, so I'm gonna start now," he admits.

"Sara, I think--"

"Yeah, I'll go," I say, getting up from the couch, to the table full of cake. Maybe a slice of cake will take my mind off of things.