Chapter 34: Sara's Birthday Surprise, Part 1

--The Next Morning--

*Sara's POV*

It's my birthday!! 

I get up, hearing my mom yell from the kitchen," Sara, wake up. it's your birthday!"

I giggle, as I get out of bed. I quickly to the bathroom and get changed and run downstairs for breakfast.

"Wow you came down quicker than usual," Mom comments.

I just smile at her.

She hands me a plate of waffles," Happy birthday, Sara."

I smile, as I enjoy my waffles.

Another great start to another great birthday.

--At School--

"Happy birthday, Sara!" Ava and Maya chorus.

"Thanks, guys," I thank them.

"So who's coming to your party?" Ava asks.

"Well..Ellie's going to this art camp this weekend, Diana has a violin recital, and Ally has a ukulele recital," I frown.

"Well at least you still have Danny, Maya, and me," Ava smiles at me. "And Tessa."

"Thanks. But to be honest, I saw this coming. Our Fate Squad is drifting," I tell her with a frown.

"Sara, I don't know what you're talking about. I was never really friends with Ellie or Ally. I mean I talk to them, and I guess I'm friends with Diana..." Ava explains.

"That's explains why you dragged Tessa into the story," I murmur to myself.

"What?" Ava asks.

"Nothing," I shrug.

"Well good luck in Spanish," Ava wishes me and Maya. "We have a test."

"Aw man, I forgot to study," Maya sighs.

"At least we'll fail together," I joke.

--In Spanish-- (A/N: I completely forgot about the Sara's drama in Spanish class, so here's a little bit of it ;) And it might build up in the future ;)

"Since it's Sara's birthday, I'm gonna be nice. You have 5 minutes to study," Ms. Smith says, turning on the timer.

Maya bursts into a giggle, scooting her chair closer to my desk. "Hey, Sara."

"Hey, Maya," I smile back.

"Wanna study together?" She asks.

"Sure," I nod.

"Ok, what's bread?" Maya asks.

"Bread--" I answer, until someone answers over me. Andrew. 

"Bread," Andrew answers.

I give him a forced smile," I thought you were studying alone..?"

"Ashton is studying with Fred, so," Andrew explain.

"If you're doing this for the tape sticking, do it to someone else please. Today's the one day I wanna be spared," I plead.

"Fine, when you answer my question," Andrew says.

"Whatever," I shrug," what is it?"

"Te agradas. ¿Quieres salir conmigo..?" He asks in Spanish.

I shrug at Maya. 

She mouths," He likes you, he's asking you out.."

"Um--"

"Time's up! Get back to your seats and get quiet!" Ms. Smith advises us.