The English Rose

"Next year will be my year Johnny, 2005 is when everything changes in my life" Tim Burton, one of Johnny's closet friends declared raising his glass of whisky in the air. The pair of them were sat on this dark evening round Tim's small house in London enjoying a drink or two with just each others company. Tim's awful relationship with a girl named Samantha Gregory had ended a few months ago and now was through this faze of not being able to get up and get on with his life was over. His broken heart was not so broken after meeting who he thought to be his soul mate. This new aspiring actress with so much hidden talent had just captured his broken heart. She was all he thought about and right now even Johnny noticed his brighter mood.

"So who's the woman" Johnny smirked as he sipped at his own glass. He was seated on a dark sofa opposite Tim and shared the same knowing look as Tim gave him. "Is it that obvious" he chuckled surprised Johnny could read him so well. "Besides, news is that you've met someone too..." Tim added raising a brow at an already smiling Johnny.

"Don't changed the subject, what's her name Tim" he laughed continuing to sip at his drink while he looked at Tim from across the living room table. The room was dark considering it was now late at night outside. They only had the television's light to brighten the room not that the volume had been on.

"Her name is Helena... Helena Bonham Carter" Johnny choked suddenly on his drink and coughed violently eyes wide in shock. Tim frowned and shifted in his seat as if he was about to get up and move. "Are you alright?" he said unmoving as Johnny placed a hand up as if to tell him not to get up.

"I'm..fine" he wheezed out clearing his throat again awkwardly. He was anything but alright. Helena was the woman he had been seeing these last couple of weeks. They had met on holiday in the south of France. She had been staying with her mother while he had been taking a relaxed few weeks away from the hectic world of the press and paps. Johnny felt himself gulp nervously now and as he glanced at a rather concerned looking Tim he could only feel his stomach turn with guilt.

"Are you sure you're alright?...."

"I'm fine, sorry it just went down the wrong way....you were saying..."

Tim smiled again and leant back in his chair "She had stared in my movie planet of the Apes...and I would like the both of you to be in...."

"The corpse bride" Johnny cut off knowing how Tim had been working on his first animated movie. Tim nodded and sipped at his drink "You'll like her Johnny, I know you will and she's a wonderful actress" Johnny gave a small nod and picked up his drink again only this time throwing it all back in one. His nerves were getting the better of him. Helena was basically his girlfriend, they had spent the whole summer together and now his best friend had a huge crush on her. What the hell was he meant to do...Tim would be heartbroken all over again and he just couldn't do that to him.

"Helena live's here in London, I thought it would be nice for us to go out for a meal? say for lunch tomorrow?" loosening his collar slightly Johnny shot him a polite smile even though his worry was building up. He knew that she lived here but he thought she was still in France. "Does that sound good to you?" Tim pushed his brows knitting together seeing how anxious his best friend was beginning to look.

"Perfect..."

————————-

Breathing out slowly through his parted lips Johnny braved a smile as Tim came into sight around the corner. They were meeting at covent garden for lunch and he knew that Helena would also be joining them. He smiled now Tim had reached him. "Guess she's not here yet" Johnny quipped hoping to God she wouldn't show. It was awkward enough. Tim frowned and looked around only smiling as he spotted Helena walking through the crowds and heading their way.