Sweeney Todd pt3

Sitting there in silence Johanna couldn't believe what she was being told. Sat opposite Mr Todd she found herself speechless not only that but she felt like crying. His harrowing story of being taken from her and her mother sixteen years ago would break an little girls heart. Finding out he returned back here to find out her mother, his wife had killed herself from grief had left Johanna's stomach in knots. Sweeney Todd was her father....

All these years believing her parents were dead had been a lie. Here sat in his shop was her real father.

"I'm sorry if the news upsets you" Sweeney whispered hoping she wasn't repulsed by the idea. This had been the most nerve racking thing he had ever had to do, but he was glad she knew no matter what her reaction may be.

Looking over at him with grief stricken eyes Johanna jumped to her feet and fled towards her father swinging her arms right around him as she cried hard. At first Sweeney didn't quite know what to do but was soon enough able to rerun her hug and comfort her the best he could.

Having his daughter in his arms had him feeling something he hadn't felt in so long. There was warmth radiating from his heart, not a lot but enough to make him realise there was still some love left there. Maybe he wasn't so cold and mean spirited after all. Just maybe he would be able to move forward now in the next chapter of his life.

"I'm not upset at all" she broke away slowly wiping her tears with the back of her hand as she looked into her fathers dark eyes. "I'm happy" a small smile tugged at the corner of Johanna's lips, much like her mother so sweet and shy.

A knock came from the door causing them both to look up and see Sweeney's next customer. Always when he was in the middle of something..

"I'll leave you to it, but please come down and have lunch with myself and Mrs Lovett when you're done" the kindness to her voice and the way she looked at him had him cracking the smallest of smiles.

"Very well"

Leaning up she pressed a sweet kiss to his cheek and left to head down stairs. He stood there rooted to the ground not expecting such a sweet gesture. His heart beating that little bit faster and his smile growing a little wider.

"Pretty little thing" his next customer commented whilst untying his collar making Sweeney's eyes hard and cautious.

"She is" he muttered watching as the man smirked towards him. He looked about the same age as Sweeney but with piercing blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. His clothes looked expensive, he had a rather cocky demeanour.

"That woman downstairs..." he began again flattening out is collar and sitting down in the barbers chair. "The one with the breasts..." he chuckled dirtily clearly eyeing up the baker before he came up here.

Already Sweeney could feel his jaw clicking. "Mrs Lovett?" He said feeling the blood pumping through his veins already. He hated men looking at her, he hated it with all his being.

"How much does she charge sir?"

Lifting the white cloth high over the mans head Sweeney turned his nose up. "That one is off limits..." he replied sharply.

"Off limits? You can't own a whore Mr Todd..." The customer was getting wound up. Who then hell did he think he was telling him he couldn't have that particular tart? Word around was Mrs Lovett was indeed a whore or at least she once used to be when times were harder for her. But they were lies, never had she prostituted herself no matter what Fleet Street said about her. It was all Chineses whispers....

Sweeney however still wasn't so sure. He heard people talk about her in that way and he too found himself believing the rumours. She certainly wasn't ashamed to admit she enjoyed sex, no woman had ever thrown themselves on him like Mrs Lovett had.