Tease

Sweenett

She knew what she was doing. Mrs Lovett was not a stupid woman, instead she was calculating manipulative and could so easily get in your head. At least that was what Benjamin barker told himself when he would lay beside his sleeping wife Lucy as his mind trailed off thinking about the widow downstairs.

As soon as they moved in above her he knew she would be trouble. It wasn't so much that she talked to him but he could tell in her teasing eyes that she wanted him. He wasn't a fool and knew when a woman was interested in him, he had been very good at seeing that all his life. He had lost interested in women after marry his Lucy, he adored her, loved her she was his world yet when they would fall asleep at night Benjamin couldn't help but think of the baker.... he hated it.

There was something about Eleanore Lovett that excited him. She was so mysterious to him, her brown eyes were warm yet fiery, her lips soft yet wicked so much so that they looked almost inviting to him. Her hair, the colour of blood hanging in tight curls around her attractive face. Her body was curvy in all the best places and her skin so pale yet looked ever so soft to touch.

She drove him mad.

Benjamin Barker was a well respected barber. He had the perfect life some might say, a beautiful wife an adorable baby and a roof over his head. So why should he be feeling so torn.

Laying there motionless in their bed all hot and bothered Benjamin stared up at the ceiling. He didn't know what to think, all he wished now was that Lucy would wake up so he could make sweet love to her and think only of her and not Mrs Lovett. Tilting his head in her direction she had her back towards him and was sound asleep.

She hadn't spoken to him all day. They had a stupid fight and now he felt further away from her then ever. They hadn't even slept together in almost 2 weeks now. That alone had made him crazy with the idea of lust....and then he thought of the baker again....

Growling a little at his wondering mind Benjamin threw the covers off him and headed out of the bedroom. He was wearing some stripped PJ bottoms and just a white vest that he slept in.

He needed a drink, gin should do it.

Placing on his shoes Benjamin glances over at the cot Johanna was sleeping in before heading downstairs towards the pie shop. He ran a hand through his messy hair as he opened the door with ease.

"Bloody woman" he muttered hating the fact Mrs Lovett left the door open for him, just anyone could walk through.

Opening the cupboards not so quietly he hunted around for the alcohol only it was no where to be seen. Huffing in annoyance Benjamin made his way through the parlour towards Mrs Lovett's sitting room. There in the cabinet she kept the glasses and so he grabbed himself one still hunting around for the gun itself. Just where was it?!

Stopping what he was doing for one moment he heard what sounded like humming coming from her room. The door to Mrs Lovett's bedroom was slightly ajar allowing just a slice of light to enter the sitting room.

Licking his lips awkwardly Benjamin clenched his jaw as his mind told him to look into her bedroom. He was so tempted to just head over to the door to see if she was perhaps undressing....

Shaking that thought off with disgust Benjamin headed away only to stop again and bite his bottom lip in wonder. He really wanted to see her.

Bucking up the courage Benjamin gulped nervously before slowly moving one foot forwards the door being careful not to make the floorboards creak with his movement. He was just so fascinated by her.