Sweeney Todd pt4

"Can we talk?" Mrs Lovett barged into his shop hands on hips as if she had been pondering on something bothering her all day.

"I'm busy"

"I just wanted to say that ad' I realised how ya were feelin' towards me... and if I ad' known then perhaps..."

"Feeling towards you? The only thing I feel towards you Mrs Lovett is pitty" Nellie was taken back by the harshness of his words, they only made her angry. Was he really so mean all the time?

"I know ya care about me Sweeney"

"Who told you that?"

"Johanna..."

"She's mistaken then"

Narrowing her eyes on him her fingernails dug into her hips angrily. "So you're denying it now?...what were those tears for then the other night?"

"They weren't tears....I was tired, don't even flatter yourself with the idea that they were because of you....the only thing you showed me that night was just how right the people of fleets street are...the widow that can't keep her legs closed.."

The door to Sweeney Todd's barber shop slammed shut behind her as Nellie stomped her way down the stairs. How she ever felt sorry for that man was beyond her, he was a cold hearted bastard! Never would she ever be feeling pitty for him again. All week she had been stewing on what to say to him. The guilt she had felt that night after seeing him let his guard down had well and truly vanished. Again like always she blamed herself, well not anymore all she ever did was try and help him. She officially gave up she deserved better then the likes of him!

Mrs Lovett knew her worth, new deep in her soul that she didn't deserve to be treated like this. He was bullying her and she wouldn't stand for it anymore. Enough was enough. She had given Sweeney Todd so many chances and yet she was always the one that ended up being hurt. Well no more! She wanted him out! wanted him gone! She needed to get him out of her life for good!

Swinging open her pie shop door Mrs Lovett shot daggers at everyone as she stormed in. And by everyone there was only about 4 customers and Johanna. The young girl could see the frustration on the bakers face and knew whatever had happened upstairs couldn't have been good, not only that it clearly had been very brief considering she had only watched Nellie clamber up the stairs moments ago.

"Everyone out, I'm closing early" she announced not even caring that they yelled their irritation at her.

Johanna looked concerned, she had never seen Mrs Lovett this angry. Clearly the conversation with her father hadn't gone down to well...

"I said out!" She snapped again rummaging through her cupboard for her bottle of gin.

She found it and pulled it down whilst watching her grumbling customers leave. Johanna's face saddened watching as the baker filled a glass of gin. She was drinking a lot recently...

Now alone Johanna pulled herself out of the booth she was sat in and turned the sign on the door to close. She was cautious about approaching the baker when she was this angry. But she had to know what was going on. "What happened?" Johanna asked  and a little timidly considering how angry Nellie looked.

"I'm going out.." Mrs Lovett stated ignoring her question. Johanna watched as she necked the gin back in one and straightened out her skirts. "By the time I get back I want e'm out of me home for good..."