11

We all turn to her shocked.

What? Did she just say thank you for confirming? She already knew who we were! Didn't she?

Her smile says otherwise.

"You must be confused. Well, let me enlighten you." She says, strolling to a recliner and sitting on it gracefully. "I kidnapped you all because I knew you were threats. Due to some help from fellow spies, I figured out who you were before you put on your disguises. However, I still wasn't sure. Thankfully, Chad here, decided to help me out with that."

Chad looks at her dumbfounded and greatly embarrassed.

We all give him hopeful smiles. No one's mad. She could've figured it out anyway right? Either way? Besides, it doesn't change the fact that we all want to get out of here. And we can't do that alone.

"So there are really cctv cameras and recorders and every other kind of junk in here, huh?" Chad mumbles.

Victoria giggles. Weirdly, if I may add. "Why, of course dear! I wouldn't let you feel all comfortable here if I couldn't control you and watch over you at the same time now, would I?"

With that, she stands up and eyes each of us. Her silly happy demeanor is gone.

"When you use the special rooms on this floor, you are not to send it to anyone outside this building. Understood?"

We all look at each other and nod.

"Good." She walks out and into the elevator. The mystery man walks behind her but I see a piece of paper fall from his pocket. Special letter?

After the elevator door closes, I walk to the piece of paper, pick it up, and read what seems like a hopeful piece of information. If it's reliable.

Chad, Kane, and Brittany walk over and read the paper.

"Well, I haven't known any of you for over a day, except Chad here, but I do know that I'm willing to trust you guys." Kane says firmly.

Chad agrees and so does Vina.

"Alright. Let's follow this advice." I whisper.

For lunch, we all eat from a new buffet laid out, and talk about our history as well as what happened after we all got moved.

Seems like Brittany, Shawn, and I aren't the only 'celebrities' to be kicked out of our section.

Shawn. Oh, goodness, Shawn. I wonder where he is and what's happening to him now. Did he get kidnapped too? Or is he working hard to get back to Famous?

Kane is from the Elevated. Old Asia to be exact. His parents are "common folk" but Kane is a rising star. His singing skills have reached the ears of many sections. Chad, Brittany and I are from Famous. Chad didn't go to our school, but he's familiar enough to not be a total stranger.

For the rest of the afternoon, we watch movies on the tv wall in this big living room. The tv is literally the entire wall. We also talk about whatever we can, trying to subtly insert ways on how we can escape, through our conversation.

The next two days, things go the same way. Gym, eat, talk, lunch, movies, sing/collab, dance, movies, dinner, talk, sleep.

The mystery man didn't make an appearance and time seems to be running fast, sticking its tongue out at us as it goes.

On the third day after Victoria's little announcement, the mystery man shows up to 'watch' us. He stands by the elevator door, eyeing what we do.

We get through till lunch, not understanding what Victoria could want now. She already knows who we are, probably has access to whatever songs we recorded in the studio, and access to whatever else she wants because of all that high tech stuff hidden on our 'floor'. We don't see why she needs mystery man to watch us.

I feel like something's wrong. and man, do I feel foolish...