27

Vina pushes me teasingly.

"Love your jersey." Ashley chimes.

The two girls giggle and I roll my eyes playfully. My goodness.

Remember how Vina, my brothers, and I got merch from the Sacramento Soccibell players and I got Jason's?

Since that was before we became friends, it meant nothing. But now that Jason had his real jersey from Sacramento brought to Clara's house for me to wear, the girls kind of freaked out. Okay, maybe I did too.

In short, I'm wearing his jersey. And no, he doesn't need it since the West Elevated team has their own different jersey for the Olympics.

We find our way to the VIP seats since the Christmas Miracle cast also happened to have special access to games here. Guess sports players like watching musicals.

Clara sits with us as does Melissa. The two women talk as Mark and Axle try to contain their excitement for the games.

"Uh, guys? You don't need to act all tough and security guard-y. You're my brothers. Loosen up." I tell them.

Mark smiles and Axle shrugs. "She's the boss."

They relax and yell with the crowd as the teams walk in.

It's opening day and Soccibell is one of the events. There are three days of Soccibell events. First day, today, is elimination, as is tomorrow, and the last day, six days from now, is the finals.

The Olympics goes on for a week. Sadly, we only have tickets and seats for the first two days.

"He's looking at you." Vina whispers, getting my attention from the clouds in my head.

I scan my eyes across the players on the field till our eyes meet.

He smiles and gives me a thumbs up and a wink.

I look down and realize he's probably talking about me wearing his shirt.

Should my heart stop fluttering now? Probably.

And just as I was finally settling into a good mood, Melissa motions for me to follow her back to the main hall.

"What is it?" I ask.

She sighs. "They finally found out who attacked you on the stage in New York."

All the butterflies are definitely gone. But my heart's still beating fast. And not cuz I'm happy.

"Who was it?"

Melissa must notice the fear in my voice, for she brings me into a hug.

"None other than my sister." She says calmly but sadly.

I step back. What?

"Y-your sister?" I ask confused.

She too looks at me confused. "Didn't Felicia tell you?"

"About what?"

She laughs sadly. "Victoria. The one who kidnapped you all and Mallorie. She's our sister."

My jaw drops. Again. There should be an Olympic even for jaw dropping. Kidding.

But seriously. "What?!"

Melissa sighs. "I thought Felicia told you. But I can see why she wouldn't. You wouldn't trust me, or her if you knew Victoria was our sister."

I shake my head. No wonder Felicia was tense after Mallorie explained what happened and when one of her sisters was announce to be visiting. And no wonder she actually found us and rescued us. She probably thought her sister was behind the kidnapping.