30

God really does work ways for your good when you trust in Him.

Today we sit in the auditorium holding residents of Famous, the three chosen, and their friends and families, and other celebrity guests.

After the choosing, the new chosen celebrities have a special welcoming 'party' on Famous on the first Saturday of the new year.

The program started at ten o' clock, and it's currently eleven. It started with opening speeches by those previously chosen which were ten people. They recount everything that happened since they moved to Famous.

After that, a little presentation was given by chosen performers well known on Famous. 

"Belle? You good?" Jason asks.

"I'm so happy for Ashley and the other two. They really deserve it." I say. "Ashley would always talk about living on Famous. Even when she was visiting me, she dreamed about being on Famous and I'd always have to remind her that she has been to Famous. As for me, I still don't know what to feel. I wish I was part of the chosen. So does Vina. I-I feel like I'm once again not good enough. Like I let people down. No matter what people say.  I see people asking where Khira is. Why she isn't here on Famous. It hurts, in a way. But on the other hand, I feel somewhat peaceful. Living smaller and not getting everything so easily." I confess.

Is something wrong with me? Am I wrong to feel this way? For the rest of the holidays, I pondered on all the 'what ifs'. I wondered what I did wrong. I also thought about Victoria.

"Belle-"

An alarm rings out and everyone shoots out of their seats.

"What's going on?" Vina asks looking around.

We all shrug and look around confused.

The lights go off. My first thought is, Victoria?

The lights go back on and nothing happens. We all sit down as if nothing happened though it's clear that everyone's confused.

"Okaaay." Vina says as she and Carson take their seats beside us.

This doesn't make sense.

The program goes on and the chosen three give their speeches.

Ashley is the last one to talk. We cheer for her as she takes the mic and smiles at the crowd.

"Hello, everyone. I am truly honored to be chosen to represent what I love doing and to contribute to Famous and to the world. I've always dreamed of living on Famous and to know that I will be for the rest of my life makes me super thankful. Sometimes I wonder if this is just a dream and I'll wake up in my room in the same house and place I've been living in for years. But either way, no matter where I am, I will do my best to hone my talents and skills and all I know to help others and influence the world. Thank you to everyone who supported me and helped make this dream come true. All I do will be in honor of you."

We clap and cheer for her as she walks back down the stage and to her seat.

The host announces that it's lunch time and everyone walks to their assigned rooms. The building has an auditorium and a bunch of rooms.

Everyone was divided into groups for lunch and every room has its own buffet.

Thankfully, Ashley is assigned to our room.

Ten tables fitting six people each are prepared with fancy table cloths and decorations. An L-shaped table filling a wall and a half of the other is the buffet.