16

Today is the day of the fashion show.

"God, you've been there for me. Even when I forget about you. Please help me through this. I wouldn't be here without you. This is all for you." I pray.

I sigh. I haven't been praying or spending much time with God lately. I have been reading my Bible and doing my daily journaling. But it's not enough.

I look at myself in the mirror, checking this dress I designed myself. It's a navy blue and black fitting gown.

I take deep breaths. I can do this. I have to.

"Belle?"

I turn around and see Trevor smiling at me. "You look beautiful." He says.

I smile at him and thank him. Trevor's become my third brother.

Speaking of brothers, "Where's Mark and Axle?" I ask.

The door opens just in time to reveal my two brothers in tuxedos.

"I'm glad you finally notice us." Axle says, shaking his head. "You haven't been noticing us this past week. We've literally been ignored body guards."

I rush to hug them both. "I'm sorry."

Mark tries to ruffle my hair but then thinks better of it since it took a while for me to fix my hair.

"You'll do great." Trevor says, noticing my long and worried stare at the door.

Mark puts his arm around me. "It's already given. Belle's the best at what she loves doing."

Axle nods along happily.

The three escort me backstage where one of the stage crew hands me a microphone.

I take more deep breaths.

"Good luck, Belle. You'll do great."
I turn around to see Carson smiling at me. "I left a note on your table."

I smile.

I look at Mark and Axle who stand on both sides of the curtain to watch me, as I walk out.

They both give me a thumbs up and encouraging smiles.

The crowd applauds and cheers as I make my way down the runway and stand at the center.

"As most of you know, this is my first fashion show showcasing my designs from my very first fashion line, Miracles." I say. The crowd applauds louder. "And just as Ralph Lauren once said, 'fashion is about something that comes from within you.' I do hope you get a taste of who my team and I are as you witness this show. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show."

The crowd gets louder as cameras flash and I walk back.

The walk seems to take forever. One foot in front of the other. I tell myself. I've done runways before. I can do it now.

Once I'm backstage, I exhale a deep breath I hadn't noticed I was holding.

Trevor claps me on the back and Mark and Axle give me hugs.

"So far, so good." I say.

We watch the event go by through a screen located near my dressing room.

Vina walks out first as the music starts. Raised the way we were, Vina and I shouldn't have a hard time slaying a runway. Especially her.