19

Today's a Sunday and it's our day off. My little family of friends goes to church. Something we haven't done in a long time.

Though not all of us have the same religions, we all believe in the One who created us. And that faith makes our bond stronger.

"I love the vintage touch to this place." Honey says, as she shows us around.

The church we're in is where Mandy's family attends. Honey offered to show us around since the service still starts at ten am and it's currently eight.

Mandy, her husband, and the twins went inside the sanctuary to talk to some friends.

When you enter the church, there are couches and chairs on both sides of the lobby. A customer service counter is stationed at the right side and the doors to the main sanctuary are right in the center, or directly in front of you while you're standing at the front doors. There are two hallways near the main sanctuary doors.

"So, we already went into the sanctuary, and saw the lobby, so now we're going to the kids' area." Honey says.

We follow her, taking the left hallway downstairs and see three big rooms. The first holds those 0-2yrs old, the second holds those 3-5yrs old, and the last holds those 6-12 old.

The first room just has couches and some tables, since most mothers stay with their babies. There are tv screens to watch the service live. The second room is full of toys, walkers, and some tables and chairs. The last room is the biggest and everything is arranged like the sanctuary above us. There's a little stage and some aisles in between the chairs that rise up on different leveled 'bleachers'.

"This church is big." Trevor comments.

Honey shrugs. "It's actually smaller than a lot of other churches, but yes, the size is big and holds us. Sometimes it's too small for all the people though."

We walk back up the first floor and Honey brings us to the youth area.

We take the right hallway this time to the youth area. Behind glass doors is another lobby and another sanctuary.

Some teens and young adults are chatting or praying. Others are preparing some snacks laid on a table at the far wall.

"This is where we can attend service. If you guys want." Honey says. "I have to go back though to bring the twins downstairs."

We agree to join the youth service and head inside the sanctuary where Honey introduces us to some friends of hers.

"This is Daisy. She's part of the worship team." Honey says.

We all chat with Daisy, and she introduces us to the other worship team members.

We meet so many talented and passionate people and it honestly amazes me how simple people do extraordinary things. God really does do great things in and through those who are willing to be used. No matter who you are or where you're from.

"Belle, was your church like this?" Vina asks me when we're sitting alone.

"Yeah. But it's been months since I last went to church." I say before sighing. "I miss it. I miss my parents. I miss the familiarity of everything. But then again, I like the feeling of not being known by every single person."

Vina laughs. "I so know how you feel. Except I haven't been to a church in years."

"Why?"

"Dad has his reasons. I think it has something to do with mom." She says quietly.

I nod my head slowly. Vina's mom is gone. Well, left. If I remember correctly.