Chapter Three.

"And I think you should be something I don't wanna hold back."

-

Two years later.

"Sana?"

Sana snapped out of her daze, flinching ever so slightly, but enough to draw a snicker from the girl sitting across her.

"I'm thinking of–" Dongsoo suddenly stopped, eyes zeroing at her. The mischief in her expression quickly vanished, as she narrowed her eyes and frowned, pointing an accusing finger in her direction. "You."

"Me?" Sana echoed, trying to keep a blank face at her ministrations .

"Yes, you. Have you been skipping sleep again?" Sana's face quickly morphed into partly surprise, partly panicked.

"W-what? Pffft, where did that come from? No, I haven't been skipping sleep, not at all." Her lips pressed into a thin line as she diverted her attention to her phone, avoiding the piercing gaze on her.

"You're a terrible liar, you do know that, right?"

"Hey!" Sana retorted, offended. However, whatever witty comment she had in her mind disappeared right off the tip of her tongue as she, once again, acknowledged Dongsoo's glare, zipping her mouth up. The silence continued for a few moments before Sana finally gave in, groaning and grumbling incoherently.

"Okay, fine! I may or may not have skipped sleep for a day or two because I had too much coffee? If that makes any sense.. And uh yeah–I may have stayed up at night to–yeah, I don't know why I stayed up late, but, well, you get me. I–"

"What the hell, Sana?" Dongsoo snarled, and Sana, however, only smiled sheepishly in response.

"I'm sorry, okay? I won't let it happen again, I promise."

"You better. This promise has already been broken many times before, you shit. You look like a fucking zombie," Dongsoo rolled her eyes, scoffing and mumbling as she took another huge chunk of her cupcake, going on about how much her face resembles that of a zombie.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say," Sana rolled her eyes too, but smiled nonetheless. "Anyway, you were saying something before your, you know, investigation?"

Dongsoo kicked her shin from under the table and smirked victoriously after drawing a whiny 'ow!' from her. "Well, yeah. I'm thinking about starting to live here."

"Living in my café? Why?" Sana snickered and glared at Dongsoo when she kicked her shin, again.

"Well, whatever, at least I'll get free food," She spoke with her mouth full of the cupcake she devoured, and loudly, shamelessly groaned at the ecstatic taste satisfying her tastebuds.

"Huh? Who said you'll be getting free food? Food here is for humans, get it? You're a cow," Sana laughed while going through her Instagram feed, finding nothing interesting in particular. She had her legs crossed over one another and leaned back in the chair, while staring down at her phone, and she knew she was serving a very attractive look of her double chins.

Dongsoo let out an exaggerated sigh while shaking her head and Sana chuckled at her overly dramatic friend, eyes still glued to her phone.

"This is what you get for raising your child. You're the best, in the whole goddamn world, dear loving Sana," She rolled her eyes while taking another whole cupcake into her mouth, purposely ignoring the weird looks from the new cashier working on the counter. The other workers in the café were used to having her around all the time, but this new one surely was having a hard time getting comfortable around her.