Chapter Thirty-one; the Last.

"Castles glitter under Spanish
skies,
But I'm just looking out for you tonight.
Snow White mountains in the foreign states,
Tell me someday we'll get there, someday."

-

A deep flush covered the expanse of Sana's neck and face as she blinked the haziness of early morning away, the memories of the events of the previous night coming to her head with full force and hitting her like a tidal wave.

She laid there, unmoving, staring at the off-white ceiling, breathing slowly. Even those vivid, strong images, however, weren't enough to stop the anxiety slowly bubbling in her chest.

'What if all was a dream? What if it wasn't even real? It's too good to be true, isn't it? What if–'

Her thread of unceasing worries and anxiousness was effectively broken off by something– no, someone, moving next to her, nestling more comfortably in the cloudy soft pillows and blankets.

Her heart stopped for a moment, heartbeat stuttering for a while, and she stopped breathing wholly, eyes widening.

'Oh.'

Soon enough, she found her lips curling into a shy, tentative smile smile, the presence of warmth of another body enough for her stress to cease by then, a solid proof that nothing was a mere hallucination or a dream.

Slowly, she turned her head around, smile widening when she saw him, his peaceful, slack morning face, looking unexplainably and wholly undeniably angelic, so perfect.

Jimin's plump, soft lips were slightly parted, soft hair ruffled and spread out on the pillow, some stray strands covering his forehead. He had such a relaxed expression, as if there were no worries left in the world, as if he had finally found his sanctuary, his heaven. His usually flawless skin was still smooth, spotless and glistening in the soft morning sunlight that managed to peek out through the thick black curtains.

Right, they slept tangled up with each other, parting somewhere in the night while sleeping. Sana vaguely had the thought in mind, that it was completely impossible for two people to stay tangled, and in the same position the whole night.

Her heart almost bursted, it was suddenly too much to take it.

Overwhelmed and inundated immensely, she blinked hard, swallowing, before she finally made herself look away, insides all giddy and a strange mix of nervousness and anticipation, of what was to come next.

She sighed, cautiously moving around to leave the comfort of the warm blankets, stepping out, blushing profusely at what she was clad in.

Jimin's shirt, of course, and her own shorts. She almost face palmed, but refrained from doing it in the dead silence of the room. Could they be anymore cliche, somehow?

Taking slow steps, she stepped into the bathroom, falling easily into her practiced routine.

Stare at your reflection in the mirror for five good minutes, scoff, brush teeth, wash face, repeat the first step, take a nice, warm bath, and then walk out looking less like the mess before.

It worked, really.

Once done and changed in new, clean (Jimin's) clothes, she left the room quietly, soft padding echoing in the silence of the apartment.