Chapter Fourteen.

"Come on, let's run and get lost in the crowd.
Into the light, as the night's comin' down.'

-

With Jimin an important part of your life, Sana had concluded, one had to be prepared for unexpected dozes of mouth-widening surprises. That man was full of surprises for all she knew.

He had shocked Sana when he had come to take her to that mountain, in his casual clothes.

He had shocked Sana when he kissed her cheek.

He had shocked Sana when he came on her birthday, unannounced, with a bouquet full of her favorite flowers– white lilies.

He had shocked Sana when he told her he could dance, exceptionally well at that, and sing too.

But nothing was compared to the astonishment and surprise on her face when he had come to pick her up for the party, dressed as elegant and graceful as ever, with a slight bit of change in his appearance.

At first, Sana had squinted her eyes and tried to decipher why he seemed so different– a good different.

It only came crashing upon her when he ran his fingers through his hair out of habit, and she had almost dropped everything right there, mouth wide open and eyes rounded from the surprise.

His hair, the black hair she had grown to love,–with the urge of running her fingers through the soft locks, but that knowledge was meant to stay with her, at all costs– was now not the same.

But she couldn't bring it in herself to reminisce about his old hair, because this just made him look ethereal, a real prince, and she was already smitten.

His hair was parted gracefully from his forehead, color an odd mix of dirty blonde, a bit on the lighter shade of brown.
(In the picture above)

He had laughed sweetly when she had gone tongue tied, literally, mumbling incoherent string of surprised words and pointing her index finger to his hair, how very eloquent, Sana. Well done.

After the initial shock had subsided, Jimin explained why he had changed his hair, shortly after which she had told him he looked good, extremely handsome, as put in by her, all while her cheeks burned with embarrassment, eyes refusing to meet.

Specifically when he had lifted her face by placing two fingers under her chin, close to the point that they were almost breathing the same air, and told her he was glad she liked it, she felt like her knees would give up any moment, especially when the realization dawned upon her that he had been worried about her liking this new color or not.

'Yeah, who cares about what the media and people have to say about this? I just hoped you'd like it.'

She was surprised that she was still breathing, alive and well.

'Oh God, have mercy on me.'

The car ride had been a blur, with Jimin driving silently with a constant smile on his face, and Sana not bothering to advert her eyes from him.

At one point, he had somehow managed to whisper, 'what is this? you're making me nervous,' and she had heard him all well, going wide eyed and flushed, instantly removing her eyes from him.