Chapter Twenty-eight.

"How many more days do I have to stay up all nights until I can see you again?"

-

"Can't you like, I don't know, be quiet for five goddamn minutes? How does that sound?" She snapped, eyes narrowed into a glare.

Instead of getting offended, the pair in front of her merely shrugged, trying (and failing) to keep up with their act of nonchalance, Dongsoo picking on her nails and Jeongguk finding interest in the wall, until the silence stretched out to minutes with Sana glaring at them unceasingly, and both smiled sheepishly.

"We're just trying to keep you a loud, happy company, sweetie. That's what best friends are for. Besides, I don't think silence and solitude would be the best for you," Dongsoo said as Jeongguk nodded in agreement.

Sana, inundated with guilt and sorrow, rested her forehead on the cold surface, sighing for the umpteenth side. She winced, closing her eyes shut before sitting straight.

"M'sorry. Shouldn't have taken it out on you. It's just that– I'm– yeah. I'm a mess, a real big one right now," she said, sadness seeping into her voice at the thought of the events of the past two days.

Dongsoo pursed her lips, shifting closer to sit beside her, on the chair with the kitchen worktop. "Hey, it's fine. We understand, completely do. But the thing is, did you get to know anything further? Any contact with him or his PA? What about his phone number?"

"His number is switched off, and Hyebin tried talking to the PA, but he's not allowed to give out information, y'know. It's all messed up, all my fault. I made everything like this when I could've done better. It's–"

"Hey, stop blaming yourself, will you?" Jeongguk's voice cut her off, and before she could protest any further, he held up a finger, silencing her before he spoke up again. "As far as I know, Hyung's not that kind of a person to hold grudges, or to get upset over you just asking for some time. Of course he'd understand. I think it must've been something really important for him to leave the country in such an urgency, otherwise he wouldn't ever shut you down. Plus, stop blaming yourself, it won't do you anything good. It's not your fault, okay? He'll come around, stop stressing."

"How do I not stress when he left completely without even telling anyone. How is–"

"You did tell him to give you some space, though," Jeongguk interjected.

"Right, I did. And it was completely stupid of me to do so–"

"Asking someone for space after you've had such a bad turn of events is not stupid, Sana. Blaming yourself for it, is. Consider yourself in his place. Let's suppose Hyung asked you for some time, and the next day, you had to go somewhere, I don't know, really important. Would you go around telling him that you're leaving the country, or would wait till you come back, and settle everything then?"

"It's not like I know he's coming back!" She spoke a bit too loud, eyes a bit too wide. "I don't know if he wants to settle everything still, I don't know if he still wants to continue this, and I don't know if he's even going to come back to me. If he wasn't that upset, of course he would've let his PA tell me at least about his whereabouts. I'm confused, okay? I'm lost, and I don't know where to find him. I– I want to find him," she spoke, breathing heavily, blinking away the stinging tears in her eyes.