Chapter Nine.

"You cast an familiar day glow,
Different than what I know,
Shining like a halo,
I can see it."

-

'Okay, okay, I got this', she thought, 'I just have to walk straight, be confident, not look down, maintain eye contact, smile like–'

Her string of self-encouragement was instantly shattered the moment she stepped out of the complex, eyes stopping on a specific someone, the wild palpitation of her heart stuttering for a while, then halting, and then suddenly beating like there'd be no tomorrow.

And there it was, she saw the faintest of cracks in her resolve already.

Damn it.

'Yeah, forget it,' she vaguely registered the voice in her head, 'it's futile to set goals you can't accomplish, fool.'

Shaking her head, as if to shake away the vivacity of her mind– note the sarcasm–, she took a step forward, then another, and more until she stood face to face with the man responsible for her nervousness.

For a moment, it seemed as if they were the only people in the porch– which was partially true, it almost seemed deserted, much to Sana's dismay– and they stood silent, with Sana mostly eyeing the pavement while she could practically feel Jimin's gaze lingering on her, until she mustered up all the courage she had in her and lifted her head, only to catch her courage deflating as she was met with his ridiculously intense gaze.

'How can one's gaze be so soft yet so intense at the same time?' She asked herself.

She briefly heard Jimin draw a long breath, before the stretching silence was shattered.

"You look beautiful, Sana," Jimin complimented her as soon as he caught up to his sanity, making her duck her head a bit more – if that was even possible– a wide smile now marring her face.

Naturally enough, a smile broke onto his face too, one he didn't bother suppressing. They'd be mere compliments, so sincere though, but the way she'd cower and bashfully hide the creeping blush onto her cheeks, Park Jimin decided it was worth not to miss.

"Thank you Jimin. You look dashing as well." He looked equally perfect every other day, but this particular day, him picking her up himself, standing in front of her with all his glory, he looked exceptionally breathtaking. She replied after clearing her throat and straightening her posture, now standing with gained confidence and a smiling face, somehow fighting the embarrassing blush on her face.