Epilogue; The Beginning.

"I wanna live with you until my lungs give out,
I promise till death we part like in our vows."

-

Sana breathed out shakily, trying to calm down her nerves, rubbing her sweaty palms against each other. She gazed at herself in the mirror, still everything a blurry mess, like a dream, and she couldn't even bring herself to believe.

"Jesus, Sana. Calm down, I can hear you thinking. Don't worry, it'll all go well," Dongsoo voiced out, holding her phone in her perfectly manicured hand, sitting on the couch in the corner.

Sana huffed her cheeks, brows furrowing as she looked at herself again, the churning in her stomach slowly turning impossibly unpleasant.

"Dongsoo?" She finally spoke, voice scratchy from disuse. The other girl hummed, still on her phone.

"Can you– can you get me Jimin? I need to talk to him," she said, lower lip quivering slightly. Dongsoo frowned, putting her phone aside as she looked at her properly.

"Sana, you do know you can't see him right now, right? Just another fifteen minutes and we're out. Please, stop stressing so much–"

"I know, I just– please. I promise I won't see him, he'll stay outside. I need to hear his voice, please."

Dongsoo's expression slowly softened, and Sana could feel her triumph as she sighed, pinching her nose bridge.

"Alright– but if anyone knows, I'm dead meat, you get that? I'm risking a lot already," she huffed, standing up straight. Sana smiled at her, small but grateful. "Yeah yeah, just go. I don't have much time," she mused.

Dongsoo rolled her eyes playfully and muttered something under her breath, probably something about being stubborn, but Sana couldn't bring herself to stop her, as she walked out of the room.

Once alone, Sana's expression fell again, all the thoughts from earlier rushing in again. She stood up, careful with the dress and makeup, insides all jittery, as she started pacing across the room.

'Five years,' she thought as she closed her eyes, leaning against the door. 'Five years and here we are. Five years and finally here–'

Her train of thoughts was stilled completely when a soft knock resonated in the silence of the room, and Sana flinched slightly.

When all she could do was sigh shakily, as in came the soft voice, the voice that managed to bring a sense of calm all of a sudden in her. How, she herself didn't know.

"Sana?" Jimin called out carefully, knocking again.

"Jimin.." Sana trailed off, voice coming out more shakier and unsteady than she expected. She closed her eyes again, gulping hard.

"Hey, love. Dongsoo said you wanted to talk. Is everything alright? What's the matter?"

His voice was nothing but soothing, sweet like honey, and Sana nodded resolutely, blinking away the tears that already formed in her eyes.

"I don't know, Jimin. This is supposed to be such a happy day, and here I am, more anxious than ever. I'm not feeling good, and I don't know why. I just– ugh, why do I have to make everything so complicated–"