Chapter Twenty-seven.

"I want to love,
In this world."

-

"Kim Taehyung," Sana spoke, voice venomous and his name bitter on her tongue, lips curling upwards in distaste.

"Sana. It's been so long, hasn't it? How are you?" The said man grinned, stumbling for a second before he straightened up, and Sana vaguely registered that he was drunk, indeed.

She scowled, stepping further away.

It had been a mistake to send off Jimin's chauffeur ten minutes before reaching her destination. The old man had been relentless at first, uncertain and glancing warily at the road and back at her, after which Sana has assured him she'd talk to Jimin herself, tell him it was her who was inflexible.

She was stupid.

Now the building complex only five minutes away, she stared at his face blankly, eyes distant and cold.

It had been a while since she acted this cold.

Taehyung's grin faltered, and she was dimly aware of the fact that he was not acting normal, for even if he had been an asshole, he was never the one to forget his manners, not even while drunk.

"Answer me," he bellowed, and she shivered slightly, the headache worsening.

"You don't even deserve to see me again, what makes you think I'll have a conversation with you, especially that you're drunk?" She shot back.

His face twitched. "Fuck–" he laughed, manic and so sardonic, Sana's insides twisted uncomfortably.

"So you go being a slut, finding sugar daddies, and then you tell me I don't even deserve a fucking meeting again. What are you?"

Sana didn't know what was it that prompted her to do what she did. The fact that he called her all those bad names, accusing her for something she never did in the first place didn't bother her, not at all. She knew who she was, what her standard was. But just a single thought of him seeing her with Jimin, and already labeling them as something like that made her blood boil.

Moving forward, she lifted her hand, slapping him with all her might before pushing him away, dangerously teetering on the edge of wanting to do the same thing again.

"Don't fucking speak like that when you know nothing, you piece of shit. Bold of you to assume I'm the one doing all that when you are reeking of cheap alcohol, Kim. Watch your mouth," she bit back.

As if stunned, he placed his hand on his cheek, corners of his lips twitching.

"You fucking–" he couldn't even complete his sentence before a hard, strong punch was thrown right at his face, throwing him off balance. He stumbled back, fell onto the group, groaning as he held his hand close to his face.

Sana turned her head so quickly her neck convulsed in pain, and saw Jimin, standing there, looking like he had run a marathon.

And god, did he look absolutely terrifying. He was breathing heavily, chest heaving up and down, jaw slack and chin jutting out, hands balled into tight fists. His face was flushed, eyes wide.

"Jimin–" Sana started, But he was quicker, moving forward to grab the man on the ground by his collars, hands fisted in his shirt.

Taehyung moaned at the sharp movements, but Jimin turned a deaf ear to that, bringing his face closer.

"I'll make you pay for this, you scum. You'll regret saying all that shit, I'll–"

"Jimin, that's enough!" Sana, frowning, pulled him back by his arm, using a lot of strength in doing so. "You don't need to drop to his level to teach him a lesson, let him be. He'll regret it anyway. Please, just– c'mon," she spoke right into his ear, doing a favor for the other man albeit all the things he did, yet he himself didn't seem to want that.