Chapter Six.

"Like a permanent stain,
Wishing I could've just washed away."

-

The event was in two weeks, but the preparations started two weeks earlier, since the event was a huge one.

Jimin barely had free time. He would work till late in his office to the point that he would fall asleep there, having his assistant take him home. Caffeine was the only thing he was using to survive. Working late meant lack of sleep, lack of sleep meant no energy to even smile, and that meant he would get annoyed at almost everyone, even his assistant when he would pester him about resting and going home.

He just couldn't.

Everyone knew being the CEO was something not so easy, and he knew he had earned this place. Bitching about it and complaining about the lack of leisure time on his hands wasn't something he could do. Of course, he chose it for himself. But that wasn't the point.

So he just stayed quiet. He kept working unceasingly, not taking a break. Jimin was usually a very good natured man, always with a smile on his face and a happy day. But during days like these, things would become a tad bit more complexed.

He'd get annoyed when someone would call him, ask about his day, or even say a simple hello! However, the case wasn't the same with that one person constantly on his mind. She was what, surprisingly, had his mind in a constant perplexed state. Why? Well, he had never thought about someone so much like this. He had never thought about seeing someone endearingly attractive.

Heck, she even, unknowingly, made him blush every time she would compliment him. Like, 'you're really a hard-working man, Mr Park.' Or ''no doubt everyone talks about you nowadays, you surely are something else' or 'you carry yourself and your work really well, Jimin-ssi'.

And knowing she could make him go like that, like an inexperienced fifteen year old boy with his crush, he'd want to smash a book onto his face.

He purposely didn't make a sane conclusion about this, or maybe because he didn't want to. He didn't want to conclude anything, what if he was wrong? His tendency to overthink about literally everything was what he couldn't control.

So to get his mind off things, he overworked.

He was a hardworking man, always doing his best in whatever it was. Maybe the struggle he had been through during his early years had caused this to grow as a part of nature, to work more than he could. He couldn't help but aim for more, to achieve more, to prove his past wrong even more.

'Don't leave things for tomorrow, only to wallow and drown in remorse and regret.'

And that's exactly what made him successful. He stayed up for days, worked till his body couldn't take it anymore, would have three part time jobs everyday, along with filling his school fees. It wasn't easy, he didn't have it inherited from his parents, didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth ever since he was born. So everything he had, he deserved every bit of it.

As for Sana, after suffering the heart break, she was determined to move on. She did her best to do so, eventually opening a café because baking was something she was really good at. She knew she had to occupy her mind in something, to get her life going, to make a future for herself. The hazy, blurred image she would see of her future was what she had to change. She had to make a clearer, vivid image of her future. She had to.

She absolutely loved her job, if it wasn't obvious already. Her past was the reason she was here today. She couldn't blame her past self. She was oblivious, naive and dependent. She did not have to think before doing, didn't have to worry about everything, didn't have to keep a safe distance from everyone, didn't know what others could hold behind their deceiving smiles. But, it helped her grow, to find the beauty in small things, rather than waiting for someone to make your life colorful.

She couldn't fathom how most people have trouble moving on after destructive storms like the one that happened in her life. Reminiscing, she would often wonder how she had thought she wouldn't be able to do it. But she did. In the end, she did. And she was glad.

Both of them would eventually run into each other, call it luck or destiny. They had met five times —apart from the scheduled meetings— before the event and got to know pretty much about each other. Meeting him meant feeling guilty. Seeing his busy schedule, she would often feel bad at how she would take his time, but he would always press on it, saying that it was completely fine, and that he enjoyed spending time in her company. Meeting him meant butterflies, meant stuttering, meant color on a blank canvas, meant fireworks, meant the will and urge to do something she had left long ago.

He also met Dongsoo. She was an extremely bright and cheerful person, so he grew comfortable around her. But the first meeting was awkward, very awkward. The first time they met, she kept on glaring at him with her eyes narrowed, while Sana constantly tried telling her to loosen up, and that 'he isn't a drug addict, Dongsoo, chill.' It confused him. Wasn't she being too overprotective? Seeing that, he had a hunch that Sana must've been through something in her past that caused her best friend, naturally, to be like this around a man she had just met.

After a lot of convincing and requests, she finally agreed on believing that he wasn't involved in some illegal activity, and wasn't only here to hurt Sana, and that he wasn't a bad person. It took a while, but after that, she had transformed into a completely different person. She would crack jokes to which he would laugh out loud, and that only encouraged her to make more jokes. To say that she liked this man–only as a friend–was an understatement. She absolutely approved him for Sana.

(Sana had hit her hard on her head when she told her that Jimin was the perfect man for her.)

He decided not to pry into it too much. But courtesy of his overthinking mind, he would think about it, a lot. Think about what had caused her best friend to act like this.

Meanwhile during all these days, Sana had only prayed for the party to go well, she didn't want Jimin to call after her about how disastrous the sweets were, how horrible it ended. He wouldn't, it wouldn't happen. But this constant dread had occupied her mind.

Everything is gonna be fine.

-

Merely a filler, just an insight into the lives of the protagonists for the readers. Please keep in mind that they are not aware of what I talked about, regarding their separate lives, only we are. Have a good day!