Chapter Fifteen.

"And I hope you know,
I won't let go."

-

Honesty is the best policy.

And being plainly honest, Sana wished to forget the events of that night.

She wished— no, scratch that, she prayed to forget how confused Jimin had looked, how guilty she felt, and how the awkwardness seemed to have taken over everything around them.

She didn't see Taehyung after that, nor did Jimin ask, but she knew she was responsible for ruining the speciality of their moment– whatever it was.

After she told Jimin she might've seen Taehyung, he quickly asked if she was okay, and the fact that he didn't mind it one bit, and asked for Sana's well being shattered something inside her.

How was he so perfect? Why was he so perfect? It irked her to say that his perfection aggravated her, for real. He was way too kind to her.

The next hour or two were spent with Sana avoiding eye contact and Jimin continuously throwing cautious looks around them, and concerned looks towards Sana.

And she hated that.

She wanted to fix whatever she had seemed to have broken, and so while he was driving her back home, both of them quiet, and the car completely silent, save for the occasional sound of a horn or his fingers tapping on the steering wheel, she took the chance to talk it out, maybe also know what he had to say about this.

Mustering up the courage she needed, she finally spoke– still while looking outside, "Jimin?"

He momentarily glanced towards her and hummed, focusing his attention back on the road.

"I..I wanted to– uh, I wanted to ask if you got upset over s-something I said, because– you know, I–"

"Sana."

"Yes?" Her reply was so instantaneous that she had to press up her lips in a thin line due to her eagerness to simply talk it out, nothing more, nothing less.

"Why would I be upset? Did I do anything that made it seem like I was upset?" He spoke quietly, very calmly as she shook her head at his words.

'Touché, he does have a point.'

"No no! You didn't, it's just that, I feel like it was wrong of me to mention him at that moment, and that I shouldn't have. I'm sorry," she finished, going quiet and slow at the end, ducking her head low like a little girl confessing her troublesome actions.

Her head snapped back up when he chuckled, and it wasn't the mocking, sarcastic chuckle, it was honest and not mean at all.

"You don't have to apologize, everyone has their past, and it'll be completely rude and petulant of me to become upset over such a thing. It's just that, it was sudden, and I wasn't expecting it, so yeah," he shot one quick smile towards Sana and she nodded slowly, feeling the overwhelming guilt subside fairly easily.

'Communication is the best way of solving something, and it's particularly something I'm bad at too, how lucky of me,' she thought as she still fiddled with her fingers, tangling and untangling the limbs over and over again.