Chapter Twenty-three.

"So stop time right here in the moonlight,
Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes."

-

Sana wasn't stupid. No, she wouldn't consider herself a genius with an IQ of 148, but she wasn't anything near stupid too. (She didn't graduate university with the highest GPA in her semester for nothing.)

She could see it pretty clearly, the images of two nights ago still vivid in her mind, never failing to fill her body with warmth, canceling any uncertainty or fear, but the events that took place after the personal moment they shared were seeming to slowly fill her with dejection, causing her to grow anxious.

Jimin was avoiding her, and she wasn't stupid.

She could clearly see the signs, he really was ignoring her, and she wanted to ask so many things from him.

Why, if he had to come to this, to make this a conclusion, avoiding her roundly, why did he give her all those signs? Why did he kiss her like his life was dependent on it? Why did he look at her like he'd go to the ends of the world for her? Why?

Perched on a sofa with a book in her hand, she barely paid any mind to the cluster of words on the page, gnawing on her bottom lip instead as her eyebrows were pinched together in a contemplative frown.

"Gosh," she sighed, breaking out of her trance as she leaned back into the sofa, bringing both of her hands to rub her face without much finesse. Peering at the ceiling with her eyelids heavy, she pursed her lips in a thin line, breathing slowly.

Slowly bringing her fingers to her lips, she pressed them gently on the soft flesh, skin growing warm before she shook her head, standing up as she placed the book back onto the coffee, barely giving herself a glance in the mirror before walking out of the hotel suite with a sliver of hope blooming in her chest again.

-

"Um– what?" Jimin asked slowly as he stood firmly at the entrance of his door, blocking whatever he seemed to be hiding from Sana.

Sana shattered a bit on the inside, but kept a smiling face nonetheless.

"There's an art exhibition nearby, in one of the galleries here. I wanted to know if you wanted to come along?" She asked cautiously, smile faltering a bit when a hint of uncertainty flashed on his face.

"I'm– uh...a bit busy?" He replied, scratching the back of his neck, uncomfortableness written all over his body posture.

Sana blinked, feeling the burning annoyance, no– anger? Anger filling clouding her mind up. Taking a deep breath to calm her raging mood down, she didn't bother plastering a huge smile, giving him a curt nod with something along the lines of 'alright, good luck with whatever you're busy at,' before walking away, entering the elevator.

"We were kissing just the day before yesterday, just till fucking two days ago, what made him like that? What changed so suddenly?" She muttered, feeling the anger slowly ebb away, being replaced by something else, something far more familiar– dejection, sadness, just tiring. But this hurt so, so much more, and they weren't even together.

She walked out with even a heavier heart than before.

-