Chapter Four.

"Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own.
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that."

-

The loud, blaring noise of the alarm clock jolted Sana awake, and she groaned, corners of her lips turning down with distaste. Shivering as she sneaked a hand out of her blanket, she slammed her hand down on the clock, blindly pressing on the off button.

She knew it, knew something unpleasant like this would happen soon after Dongsoo left last night, smiling slyly as she told her she had a surprise for her.

'Of course,' Sana thought grimly, hair in disarray as she glared up at the ceiling. 'Of course she'd set up the most annoyingly loud alarm in existence without letting me know.'

Groaning once again, she rubbed a hand over her face, sitting up straight. The sun was high, warm rays of sunlight already sneaking in even through the thick, black curtains.

She winced slightly as she stepped onto the cold floor, quickly wearing her soft slippers, falling into her usual morning routine.

After getting ready, Sana walked her way out of the room and into the corridor as she switched on the lights, walking down the stairs of her apartment, and then straight to the large lounge.

The apartment was dark, save for the light coming from her room. Clicking her tongue in annoyance at Dongsoo's tactics of always managing to make her life miserable, she opened the tall curtains, letting all the light seep in, showing off the great view of Seoul laid out in front of her.

Sana sighed, eyes never tired of the pretty sight, and then moved towards the kitchen, turning on the coffee maker, placing a cup for the hot cup of coffee she had been fantasizing about ever since the alarm woke her up.

Once her cup filled, she turned off the switch, and brought the mug to her lips, taking a small sip of the hot liquid. Humming approvingly, she closed her eyes, letting it warm her insides up before she took a sip again.

The letter she had received three days ago had put her in a dilemma. It was sent from the Park Enterprises, where she was requested to make a deal with the company to prepare the dinner sweets and celebratory cake for the seemingly huge success party for a project the CEO had been working on for quite a while.

The preparation of celebratory cake and sweets slash desserts with specific themes for decors wasn't something hard. However, the thought of working with a huge company was surely pressurizing. She would've never expected anyone to take such a huge interest in her café.

There was a specific given time and date for an appointment already, if she made up her mind. However, if she surpassed that date, they'd surely have someone else do the job, which showed how much time meant to them– losing it wasn't something they could afford.

The CEO, however, wasn't someone she knew a lot about. Not that she minded actually checking his profile, but she had been too busy, and partly forgot about it. The letter was sent from the CEO himself. She was never interested in business, being the reason for her to be completely unaware and oblivious to who he was.

After contemplating to make a decision, and discussing it with Dongsoo, she decided to go and finalize the deal. After all, it would be for the betterment of her café even more to work with a successful company. The Park Enterprises wasn't an ordinary, low-profit company you'd barely hear about, it was one of the most successful ones in Korea, its branches and side companies spread throughout Asia, some even standing in a tall position in the western business.