3

I let out a groggily groan as I sat up from my incredibly comfortable bed and looked around, eyes barely open. I squint harder when the sunlight peeked through my window and shined right into my eyes.

"Frick." I say as I move out of bed and walk over to the medicine cabinet. I grab the bottle of Advil, taking 2 pills and tossing them into my mouth, grabbing a water bottle and downing the water. I had the worst hangover. What had happened last night? Ha, the question every people who had a hangover asks.

I go to my buzzing phone and answer the phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby." Barry says from the other line.

"What?" I say confused. He called me baby. "Why are you confused? Do you remember what happened last night?"

"Uh no. Should I?" I grab my bottle of water, going for another drink as the water slipped down my threat the next few words Barry had said make me choke. "Yeah, we hooked up and we're together now."

"What?!" I should as I immediately start choking.

"I'm kidding!"

"I- despise you." I scoff and put the water bottle down.

"Hey, you love me."

"I had a whole heart attack." I exaggerated as he laughed.

"Oh whatever. Want to hang out today?" He asks

"A hung over Zee? Sure."

"I'll be there in 5." and with that he hung up. I walk to my closet, grabbing some black leggings, black converse, and a cropped hoodie. I quickly throw those on, throwing my hair in a messy bun. I huff and grab my phone. I walk out and lock my door. I turn and see Barry standing there.

I scream in fear, at my highest.

Barry let's out a laugh as he pulls me along with him. After a few minutes of walking, and him telling me what I did last night we were now at Jitters. We both grab some coffees and are now sitting at a table, talking.

"This coffee is cold." I playfully whine at how my coffee had gotten cold from me constantly talking to Barry. My hand holds the mug, as my hands start to feel heated, steam starts to slowly emerge from the coffee. Barry's eyes widen, as I look down also, to see steam.

I mutter a small cuss under my breath, and drink a bit of my coffee, for it to only be scolding hot. My hands immediately set the coffee mug down, as I quickly swallow the coffee, my tongue and throats now burning and feeling like a lit stove.

I shrug it off, maybe it was hot and I'm to hungover to realize.

Barry seemed to now be in his own world, thinking it up.

"What's wrong?" I blurt out as I ignore the excruciating pain in my mouth. He shakes his head telling me nothing was wrong. But I knew him to well to believe that.

"Listen Barry. I've literally been with you for like ever, I know when you're upset about something or not, I'm not a entire idiot." I say as I move my coffee to the side to cool down, place my hands in fists, placing them under my chin. "What's up?"

"I found out something earlier."

"Which was?"

"Iris is dating Eddie." He says as he looks down.

"Yeah he is." I say completely clueless to what he was trying to tell me.

"I mean I don't hate the guy, I just don't like the idea of them being together." He says making a small gesture with his hand.

"I still don't get your-" And then I stop. I immediately stop my sentence, realization hitting me hard. The common sense kicking my ass, telling me the obvious.

"You- like her? as in- have feelings?" I whisper.

He stays silent and just looks at me, as if I was putting all the pieces of his love life together.

"Or maybe- you're in love with her. And that's why you don't like them together whatsoever. Because you want to be in his place." I say in realization and call him out.

"Yes, I'm in love with her." He admits, and that's when my whole world came crashing down. He was in love with my best friend, his best friend, the love of his life. I couldn't believe I didn't see it. My heart broke into gazillions on pieces as i nod.

"You sure you don't wanna do something in the cop field? You could be a great detective, considering how quickly you figured that out." He tries to lighten the mood.

"Im sure." I say lowly

He nods

"Well, I mean you should tell her before it's too late." I could feel myself break as I said that.

"It's already too late."

"They just started dating. What if she feels the same? It'll be like no hard feelings." I could feel myself fall apart with every single word I said to support and encourage him. Like as best friend would. Only a best friend.

"I will. Just not now." He says

I nod lightly and give him a small smile. "It'll be okay, I promise Barry."

"I hope so."

***

I was now walking home, there was a alley I was going through to make a small short cut, to save time so I could be in my bed quicker.

All my thoughts and how much I overthink weren't a good combination. I could be having a mental break down right now and wouldn't know because of how much I'm stuck in my thoughts. I let out a breath,

A small shriek leaves my lips as I kick a dumpster that was on my left.

I felt heat warming up my body as my vision became red, as I screamed once more. My vision was back to normal as I looked forward at the dumpster. My breath hitched as I saw there was a whole burned through it, and my thinking immediately retorting to that I was the cause. My hands heated up as I bring my hand forward, a small flame emerging from my hand, going straight for the garbage dumpster. As soon as it hit it, it blew up, causing me to fly backwards, and hit a brick wall.

My eyes became heavy as I looked at the fire, and at my hand, one by one.

With that, I passed out.