153

Killer Frost slowly sits up, "You guys okay?"

"Yeah- I'm all good over here." I groaned, lying on my back, my hand on my head due to the pain striking in it, Cisco getting up.

Killer Frost walks over to me, helping me up.

"I don't understand." I sigh deeply and pull off my beanie, tossing it on the desk, "That wasn't Barry."

"Yeah, it was." Killer Frost said, "Ramsey turned him into one of his Blood Brothers."

Cisco ran to where Barry's suit was usually displayed and took out a tile from the wall, pulling down a lever, a feminine robotic voice filling the room, "Babel Protocols initiated."

I looked at him, "What's Babel Protocols?"

"Yeah-" Killer Frost was next to me, "I thought that was just some defense stuff that you added to Barry's suit."

"That was version one." Cisco types, "Version 2.0 puts up a force field around Star Labs."

"Nothing gets in, nothing goes out- not even our comms." Cisco explained, "I built them just in case just in case the Flash ever went dark."

"Barry said that Ramsey gave him a choice." I pinch the bridge of my nose, "Why would he choose this?"

Killer Frost shrugs lightly, "Maybe he decided eternal life was better than dying in Crisis."

"Ramsey's using Barry." Cisco exhales deeply, "And whatever he's having him do, he's got a plan."

-

I looked at Killer Frost, "My police scanner?"

Killer Frost switches the channels and listens to the static, "I'm hoping that since this thing transmits in analog, we can figure out what's going on outside Star Labs."

"I'm still trying to comprehend-" I sat on a desk, "Why didn't Ramsey just have Barry kill us as soon as he woke up? What was holding him back?"

"I don't know, but don't count us out yet- you know that tech I've been working on?" Cisco walked in and held up a device, "Meet the Photon Emitter."

Killer Frost walked over to the console by Cisco and I, "So- what, you built a ray gun?"

"It's not a ray gun, it's a weapon that can deliver megadoses of photon radiation-" He held it up, "The same kind of radiation typically administered to cancer patients."

I fold my hands, "What exactly does it do?"

"My theory is that these photons could be strong enough to destroy Ramsey's sentient infection." Cisco went in depth, "If I get close enough to blast him, he should revert back to his human form- he'd still have HLH, but at least he wouldn't be a gooey zombie overlord anymore."

"What about everyone else that was infected?" I asked, "Would they be cured?"

"Yes." Cisco nods, "They'd lose the goo, they'd go back to normal."

"But- since Ramsey's the only one who can create more Blood Brothers, I say we hit at him first." Cisco suggests, "Then Dark Flash."

I place my hands on my knees, "And have you tested it?"

Cisco inhales sharply, "Well, I haven't even finished building it, so no, no- I haven't tested it."

"And this is the only plan we have." I sigh deeply and cover my face, "What if something happens? If something goes wrong- what if this kills Barry?"

"Anyone there?" A scared woman's voice filled the police scanner, our attention diverting to it, "Please- help me."

"The city's being overrun- I'm using a police officer's radio." The woman cried out, "He's turning into some kind of monster- his eyes are black-"