65

I woke up to an empty bed, my side cold due to the absence of my boyfriend, who I didn't know his whereabouts. I sit up, my hand grabbing onto my phone, staring at the time on the screen that read 8:13 am.

I slip out of bed, rubbing my eyes, yawning, stretching fully, before losing all balance and falling back onto the ground, a groan leaving my mouth.

I lay there for a bit, in defeat and not wanting to get up, but force myself up to my feet after a while, walking into the bathroom. I take a quick shower and brush my teeth, before coming out, drying myself and my long hair, straightening it, before walking back into Barry's bedroom, slipping on a pair of black ripped jeans, propping on a gray hoodie, slipping on a jean jacket over it, putting on some converse.

I walk out into the cold, making my way to star labs, ignoring the fact that I could just take my car. It's a few minute walk, as the cold breeze blew, my cheeks slightly turning red due to the cold.

I walk into star labs, and up to cortex, greeted by Cisco and Iris, Cisco messing with some sort of controller and Iris shouting words back and forth, as I turn my head, seeing Barry running on a treadmill with things I had no idea what were strapped onto him.

"What- you just thought of this now?" Iris asked Cisco.

Cisco gives her a look, and is quick to defend himself, "I didn't think he'd actually try to outrun The Flash!"

"What did I just walk into?" I ask, walking behind Cisco, my eyes landing on the screen in front of him.

Cisco speaks, his eyes focused on the screen, "Oh- you know- the usual- fighting criminals- but without The Flash- but instead- a holographic phony- to fool this criminals- but you know- same old, same old."

"Okay- I could go and catch up to th-" I start but Barry points at me from the treadmill, out of breath completely, panting, still trying to run at his full capacity, "No!-"

I put my hands up in surrender, as he speaks again, now to Cisco, "Lightning. Lightning toss-"

Iris follows, telling Cisco, "He wants to do the Lightning toss."

"Nope- no Lightning- its a hologram- remember?" Cisco tells them.

"Just-" Barry grunts, throwing it arm out, trying to explain what he was trying to say, but was too out of breath to explain.

My hand goes to Cisco's shoulder, whatever Barry meant clicking in my head, "He means the wind up. So you can block-" I start to say.

Cisco cuts me off, finishing my sentence, "-their field of vision- yes! Of course."

"All right Cisco, this is where all those countless hours of gaming in your basement are about to pay off." Cisco tells himself as he starts pressing buttons and moving the controls, "Fingers don't fail me now."

I watch the screen and Cisco's actions as he shouts while doing so, "Leroy-!" He drags out, causing my hand to go to my left ear.

"Give me a warning the next time you decide to shout very- very loudly next to me?" I tell Cisco, before putting a strand of my hair behind my ear, shoving my hand into my jean jacket's pockets.

Cisco had done it, as he gives me a sly smirk in victory, Barry stepping out of the speed lab, strapping off the devices and putting them down, "I need a breather."

I walk over to him, as Iris spoke, high fiving Cisco, "I didn't think this hologram thing was gonna work, but so far, so good." She said proudly.

I stood next to the chair Barry was sitting in, my hand leaning against the top of the chair behind his back, as he laid his head against my arm.