58

My eyes slowly open as my sight was trying to adjust to the sudden light in the living room, from it being the next morning.

A sound of Barry's soft snores were filling the line of the call that was still continued, as we had both fell asleep before any one of us could hang up.

A small yawn leaves my lips, as I sat up on my couch, rubbing my eyes.

"Barry?" I quietly say into the phone, my voice threaded with tiredness, as his snoring comes to a halt, a small grumble following after, "Hm?"

"I'm hanging up now." I simply say, as I hear him yawn.

All I hear is a small mumble before I end the call.

I got up, dressed myself into a pair of joggers and a navy blue sweater, redoing my hair into a messy bun, before sitting on the couch once more after leaving the bathroom, the mint of the toothpaste I used still fresh in my mouth.

I grabbed my laptop, and spent the rest of my day completely different articles I should've written in the time I was at Earth Two, and no able to.

-

[ barry's pov ]

"Okay. What happened with you on Earth Two? The truth." Joe asks, as I was seated on the stairs, entire house a mess due to King Shark destructing it, in order to find The Flash and kill him. He ran off before I could catch him, and now I was here, in the living room with Joe and Iris, after everything that had went wrong today with Wally, and how he fundamentally called me out for being a coward, when really, I was trying to save everyone lives.

I sigh, "I shouldn't- tell you guys this. But uhm, I pause, "I met your doppelgangers."

Joe's eyes go slight wide, as I pointed to Iris, "You were the cop of the family, a good one too."

A laugh comes from her, as she looks at Joe, "I told you I would've made a good cop."

"Don't get any ideas." Joe says, looking at me, "What about me then?"

"You were a lounge singer." I answer, his eyes widening in amusement, "Yeah, you had this amazing voice, actually, but you didn't like me at all. You actually blamed me for Iris becoming a cop, said that she only became one to help her selfish husband's career."

"Wait," Iris scoffs lightly, "We were married?"

I barely nod.

"And we went to go see Joe perform.
And that's when everything went wrong.
Um, some metas that worked for Zoom showed up, they were looking for me." I paused.

"They knew I wasn't supposed to be there, and they attacked, and you got caught in the crossfire, and you died." I continue, "I knew that it wasn't you, that none of that was this life, but I mean, watching it happen in front of me, living that, it didn't feel any different, because it was all still real. And Jay warned me not to get emotionally sucked in when I went there, and then that's exactly what happened." By now, my eyes were glossed with tears that were threatening to fall.

"And- that's not the only thing- that's been bothering me. I'm sure- Iris knows this already- but. Zee's doppelganger. has been here- every since Zee got kidnapped. She portrayed herself as our Zee- she made it her entire mission- to come here and stay here as our Zee, up until she can break me- so I would've be able to take on any more metas." I say, "So I would be so hurt. That- I would give up- and my head wouldn't fully be in the game."

Joe stays silent, as Iris looks down.

I continue, "And ever since then- All I've seen- in that women's eyes. Was hurt- and betrayal. I've been so afraid that- Zee would end up like her too. With everything- that happened in her childhood- and how Jay's presence has been affecting her- how I've been treating her because of her shows of neglect towards him- I feel like she's moving deeper and deeper into that- and I'm the one pushing her. This is exactly what Cisco thinks of Caitlin- due to seeing Jay murdered right in front of us." Tears finally fell from my eyes, as they were now slightly red, "I don't want to see the woman that I love turn into something that she's not because of me."