154

"I'm so glad you're here." Barry's weak voice sounded my ear as he held onto me tightly, stood alone in the Waverider.

Crisis had begun.

And Oliver Queen was already dead.

He was gone.

He had risked his life and saved thousands of people.

And everyone was mourning his death.

I hadn't witnessed his death.

But it hurt all the same.

Because Oliver was a good man.

He deserved so much better than what had become.

But, my pain couldn't match Barry's.

Barry had lost one of his best friends.

A man he looked up to.

The man he look toward for advice.

That man was gone.

"Me, too." I held my husband tighter to deliver the comfort he needed, "I can't believe he's gone already- it- doesn't feel right."

"Listen-" Barry pulled away from me but held my arms to keep me close, "Oliver told me about how he brought Sara and his sister back to life using something called a Lazarus pit-"

"Barry?-" I looked between his eyes, staring at him, "You don't plan on using it on- Oliver- do you-"

Barry inhaled, "I was-"

"As great as that sounds-" I began slowly, "That sounds way too good to be true, Barry."

"Well, I mean, it is." Barry admitted, huffing quietly, "It turns out Thea destroyed all the pits on this Earth, but- there are more Earths to choose from."

"Honey-" I grabbed his face gently, "I know that you want Oliver back more than anything, but this is-"

"He can't be dead." Barry's voice sounded broken when he cut me off, "Not him, Zee."

My expression softened at his words.

"I'd come with you," I caressed his cheek with my thumb, "But, the reason I'm here is actually because- the Monitor gave me a mission of my own."

Barry looks at me, "Oh yeah?"

"To find our hopeless Kryptonian Paragon." I shrugged a little and smiled, "I'm finding a Paragon- isn't that crazy? I feel important-"

"You're always important." Barry tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear, smiling softly at me, "The most important."

"Barry-" I went slightly red, groaning lightly, moving my hand away and wrapping my arms around his middle in embarrassment.

Barry only smiled wider at my reaction, laughing lightly, "Did you ever think this would be our life?"

"Barry Allen," I held a little tighter, staring up at my loving husband, "I will take whatever life with you I can get."

Then, Barry leaned in and connected our lips.

-

"Is that him?" I asked Clark Kent and Lois Lane, walking up the farm with them at Smallville, Earth 167, seeing a man chopping word with his axe.

"It's either him or the buff guy on the paper towel rolls." Lois shrugged, following me as we went up to the man.

Clark points at the man as he chopped another bark of wood, "I can do that with one bare hand."