14

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. Time has been going by, very quickly. I had been in and out of star labs, training here and there, lately keeping my distance from the Flash. Although we were both meta humans, and both were at the same laboratories at least once a day, after the incident with the Reverse Flash, I put all the pieces together and come to conclusion that he, the Reverse Flash, indeed, wanted me to stay away from the Flash. I maintained a good schedule, to make sure I had to picture news, college, and star labs. It's been pretty busy. In order to make time for my friends, I squeezed them in by them helping me with homework, which resulted in just watching movies, and joking around.

I always tried my best to not think about basically being thrown off a building, but sometimes it got to me at the worst times. I mean yeah, I am a meta human, but the fact that I have chosen to not use my powers during my everyday life, and only to use them during training, while also refusing to try and fly like I should also be practicing, I probably didn't have the best bet against the Reverse Flash. As if I would ever try. It's best if I just shut up, and listen to him.

And then there were other matters. Like the fact that Barry was now seeing someone, trying to get over Iris. Which, is of course, is great. But it did bother me the slightest bit, considering, I was still head over heels for him. I should be doing the same thing, but I couldn't get myself to do it. Any other guys I've had actual feelings for, only broke me. And Barry was always the one who held me when I needed a shoulder to cry on because of it. Which made me fall for him even more. But I really needed to move on from this crush. It'd never happen.

I was currently at star labs, punching a test dummy, I being dressed in a pair of leggings, a shorts bra, and a flannel. I go at the test dummy, my music blasting in my ears through my headphones. I was stopped when someone grabbed my wrist, causing my fist to clench and turn to hit the person, but I halt when I see the Flash. My headphones fell from my ears, falling to the ground, now dangling from my side pocket, from my phone, my music still playing.

I manage to muster something out, my breathing uneven and heavy, "What can I do for you?" I try to stay calm, but I could feel the fear gathering up in my chest.

"Water? You seem- overheated." He holds up a water bottle. I slowly take it, pulling my wrist from his hold, and take a long sip of the water, twisting the bottle close again, sitting down on in the nearest chair, to try and catch my breath. "Thank you." I say, in attempt to quickly end this conversation and have him leave me alone, but he had no intention of leaving me be, as he continued to pry this conversation to continue.

"What did the Reverse Flash do to you, that night, Zee?" He asks quietly, but with his vibrated voice, it was barely quiet.

"It shouldn't matter now. It was months ago- I should get back to what I was doing-" I start to say as I slowly get back up from my chair after catching my breath.

"You need to tell me." He says, taking a step closer, causing me to fall back into my chair, making me sit again, in attempt to me trying to back away. "What does it matter now?"

"It matters because I'm trying to put pieces together. I'm trying to figure out who the Reverse Flash is. I'm trying to find him- put an end to him. I need all the information I can get." He replies, almost begging. I stay quiet for a second, just looking at him for a second, before slowly speaking, letting my mind go back to something I've been trying so hard not to think of for the past few months.

"He threw me off a building. Then caught me. Brought me here. All he said was to stay away." I speak lowly.

He quickly caught on, "Stay away. Stay away from me?" I simply nod, and stand up, buttoning up only the last two buttons of my flannel. "He wants me to stay away from you. With all due respect, I don't want to be thrown off another building, then not be caught."

All he does is nod, then he leaves the room. I let out a breath in relief, thinking I was finally going to be left alone but I was unfortunately disappointed when Dr. Wells, came into the room. My gaze lands on him, deciding it was best that I'd just leave now and get some pages in for my essay assignment, and plaster a fake glee expression on my face, to hide my slight discomfort and unease I feel whenever I'm around him. "Oh- hey Dr. Wells. Anything you need? I was actually just about to head out."

"Nothing-" He pauses, "But how are you, Ms. Young? I would think being thrown off a building would be almost traumatizing."

"I'm doing- okay." I say, quickly grabbing my things, slipping on my coat, trying to get home sooner, to call it a night after doing a bit of my assignment, but what he says next causes the air to be knocked out of me, and my body freezing in place.

"Are you sure, Ms. Zoloman?" his voice sounded the room. I could hear it repeat over and over in my head, as my eyes were now wide, slowly turning my head to look at him, in pure shock. "What did you just call me?"

"Well that is your name- correct? Well of course- after you changed your name." He speaks, then continues, "Don't be harmed that I did my research on you, Ms. Zoloman."

"Don't. Don't call me that." was all I could muster. Nothing was ever right about this man, and that he had managed to find out even this minor piece of my past, didn't mean he didn't know all of it. "But it is your name, isn't it? Isn't it, Ms. Young?"

I rip my gaze away and run out of star labs. I could feel a few gazes on me as I ran out, probably Flash, Cisco, and Caitlin. But I didn't care. I ran all the way home, slammed my front door close, locking it, running into my bedroom, as if I was running away from responsibilities. But no. I was running away from my past, something I didn't want to face.

I slam the bedroom door, locking it also, my back hitting it, as I slowly slid down it, pulling my knees to my chest, hugging them tight.

Zoloman.

authors note:

I'm assuming that whoever is reading this is pretty well caught up on Flash, so you'll know why "Zoloman" is such a huge thing in this story. But hey, it gets weird.

also, I re-edited chapters 1-5, I'm pretty sure so there's a few parts that were taken out of the chapters, a few parts were changed, and it's just different, so I suggest rereading those?

I like cringed really hard rereading them so I had to edit them, so yeah !