21

Iris knew. Iris knew I was a meta. She knew Barry was the Flash. She knew everything. The minute she stormed into star labs, calling Barry out, she knew. I ended up telling her about myself also, and with that, she left. I could tell she was upset with the both of us. But it didn't change the fact that Reverse Flash was our biggest problem right now.

I was seated at my desk at Picture News, dressed in a long sleeved shirt that was tucked into a skirt. I watched Iris as she walked around, completing a few of her tasks. She hasn't talked to me in days since she found out about my abilities. I blinked and got up, walking over to her, grabbing her arm. She stops, and looks at me, her expression growing serious. "If you'll excuse me, Ms. Young, I'm trying to do my job."

I was slightly taken back, but shrug it off, "Oh cut the shit, Iris. We need to talk." I grab her wrist and drag her along with me to a hall where no one was in. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I'm sorry that Barry didn't tell you. Barry did it to keep you safe. I didn't find out until a few days ago too, Iris. I was just as upset as you were. And I know that it's twice as upsetting because I'm a meta too, and I kept that from you- but I don't know how to control my powers. I honestly only tried to keep it between everyone at star labs because that's where I was training and that was the only time and is the only time I ever use my powers. I'm sorry."

She stares at me for a second, then huffs. Before I could say anything else she pulls me into a hug. I hug back, letting out a breath in relief. "You guys are lucky I love you both, very much." She mumbles, rubbing my back lightly.

"I love you too." I hold onto for a bit then let go, letting out another breath. "Did Barry fell you?" Iris asks, putting a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"About?"

"His choice."

"What choice?"

"He has a choice to go back and change the past. Save his mother." She speaks.

I go silent, not knowing what to say.

Why was I the only one who didn't know?

-

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, my short legs walking as fast as they could, my heels hitting the ground, the sound echoing through the livingroom, as I made my way through the West Household, walking to the dining room where Barry was stood, sipping some water.

"What didn't I tell you-?" He asks, a confused expression covering his face, as he set his glass of water down. "Going back in time? Saving your mother?"

Realization hits him, as he replies, "Right- uhm. Dr. Wells gave me a choice." He pauses, "I could go back in time and save my mom. And send him back to his timeline. And I could have the family I've been wishing for since I lost them both." He huffs. "I don't know what to do."

I stay silent, not knowing what to say. "What do you want me to do, Zee?" Barry asks in a soft tone, as if he was just going to listen to what I said to do because he couldn't figure it out himself.

"I can't tell you." I say. "Why not?" He asks, confusion threaded in his voice.

"Barry, this is your choice. Not any of ours." I cross my arms, "It's your mom that you're saving. The reason you can't figure this out- the reason you don't know what to do is because you're so used to listening to what other people want you to do rather than taking a breather and figuring out what you want to do. I think you should do what you think is good for you. Not for everyone else." I say the last part quietly, my voice soft as I glanced upon his features.

"If I go back and change the past, that means I wouldn't end up like I did- everything that I have right now would never exist." He rubs the back of his neck.

"Barry just do what you think will make you happy. Okay? We'll all support you throughout it, no matter what happens." I rub his arm in a comforting manner, as he looks at me. "Are you sure?" He says quietly.

All I do is nod and give him my best weak smile.

authors note:

lol this is a short chapter cause I didn't know what else to write for this chapterrrr.