108

"This is exactly what Devoe wanted." Barry spoke, "I mean, we all played right into his plan, especially me."

We were all stood at Star Labs the next day, as I was the only one seated, holding back tears, staring at my ring as everyone discussed.

"Why would Devoe want to orchestrate all of this?" Iris questions.

"I don't know, but we know that this started when I was still in the Speed Force." Barry said, his hand on his hip.

"But why target Dominic?" Joe asks.

"Dominic's power must have allowed Devoe to inhabit his body." Harry sighs, "We should've been on top of this earlier."

"What about the other metas on the bus?" Caitlin crosses her arms, "Why create them?"

Harry sighs, "Part of a larger plan?"

"How are you even here right now, Allen?" Ralph questions, due to the ankle bracelet he wore. "Aren't you on house arrest?"

"Yeah, well- he's at Joe's, actually. Either that or the courthouse." Cisco shrugs, "I managed to hack into the ankle monitor GPS."

"That's not the only thing Cisco hacked." Iris spoke up, "When you came out of the Speed Force, you were talking gibberish at CCPD. You said something about not wanting to kill anyone."

"I digitally scrubbed a video." Cisco types away on his computer next to me, pulling up the footage, "Last thing we want is somebody hearing something we don't want them to hear."

"Your Honor, I'm innocent. I didn't do this. I didn't kill anyone." Barry's voice comes through the video, Cisco pausing it.

"Yeah, I mean, I don't remember saying any of that." Barry shrugs.

"We should look at everything else he said when he first came out of the Speed Force." Harry said, "Might give us a clue."

"That's a good idea." Joe nods.

"Okay, guys, but remember, I mean, considering all the evidence they have against me, this trial is not even gonna last very long." Barry reminds us all, causing small tears to form in my eyes.

"Okay, but with Cecile taking a leave of absence to represent you, you got the best lawyer in town." Caitlin assures.

"I mean, even if they did find you guilty, it's not like any prison can hold you." Cisco scoffs, a small grin on his lips.

"Well, I'm not gonna run. I won't be a fugitive." Barry puts his hands in his pockets, "If I'm convicted, I have to go to prison."

"Don't-" I blurt out, looking up at him, this being the first time I've spoken since we've gotten here, everyone's attention landing on me, my voice weak, my eyes having a small tint of red behind them, but I held the tears back with everything in me, "Don't say that."

Cisco places his hand on my back, rubbing it, as I sigh, placing my head in my hands.

"We're not gonna let that happen." Joe says, keeping his eyes on me.

"Let's get to work." Harry nods, as, everyone leaving the room, Barry staying.

"Zee?" Barry's voice fills my ears as his footsteps follow, walking over to me, "How you doing?"

I lift my head, looking at him, "I'm going to lose you. Again."

"Zee-" Barry starts, as I stood up, stopping him.

"I'm going to lose you." I blink my tears away, "I'm going to lose you."

"We have been through so much." Barry said softly, grabbing my hands, "We'll get through this too."