82

Barry and I walked into the cortex, both holding coffees from Jitters. I was dressed in one of Barry's burgundy crewnecks, and a pair of light wash ripped jeans, converse worn by my feet, my hair was straight as per usual.

"Holy winter wonderland-" Barry stares at everything HR had done to the place, considering Christmas.

"You took the words right out of my mouth." Cisco sipped his own coffee out of his mug, then looks at me, "Oh, thank god."

"What?" I look at him confused, my eyebrows furrowing.

"You're wearing ripped jeans-" Cisco puts his mug down. "You've been wearing too many skirts lately- I thought we actually lost you."

Barry lets out a laugh, wrapping an arm around me, Cisco's joke earning a laugh from me also.

"Oh my god-" I looked around, beaming with excitement as my eyes scanned over everything he had set up, "We didn't even get to actually celebrate last year."

"Yeah," Barry pressed a kiss to my head, "Everything with Mardon and The Trickster, we didn't get to celebrate."

I look up at him, "The best present this year would be- just to have a normal Christmas. With no- crazy villains trying to kill hundreds of people- with a nice get together with our friends and family- man, would that be great."

"You're right, and I love you." Barry shoots me a look, "But, we live in Central City."

"Some traditions are multi-versal." HR smiles, sipping his coffee.

"Any more info on Savitar?" Barry asks Caitlin.

She shakes her head, "Nope, all we know is that he's a speed god and you're the only one who can see him."

"I'd love to stay and figure out how to defeat our new villain, but-" I look down at my watch, "I'm gonna be late for work."

"I'll meet up with you for lunch, alright?" Barry pecks my lips, "I love you."

"Alright, I love you too." I turn, quickly walking out the cortex, leaving Star Labs, and heading to CCPD.

-

"Julian, as much as I dread coming up here now that I don't get to see Barry Allen every time I come, I have to ask you if-" I cut himself off when I see Barry standing in front of Julian's desk of his new rearranged CSI lab, them seeing to have a conversation.

Barry turns at the sound of my voice, a boyish grin on his lips from what I decided to say entering.

"Barry- honey- hey- what're you doing here?" My footsteps slow down, and come to a stop when I'm just a few inches away from Barry.

"To pick you up for lunch-" Barry began, "But, I also had to talk to Julian about something."

Julian looks at me, ignoring my comment I had made when I came in, "What did you need, Detective?"

That was the thing about Julian and I. We made comments about each other, right in front of each other, but we always pushed it to the side, ignored it, and continued as professionals.

"I needed to know if you found anymore huskies at any of the most recent crime scenes." My gaze staying on Barry, as I spoke to Julian.

"None so far, no." Julian answered.

"Good- uhm-" My eye contact broke with Barry, I looked at Julian, "I'll be downstairs- just tell me if there's any updates, okay?"

"Will do, Detective." He nods.

I nod back, backing out of the lab, pointing at Barry, "See you downstairs."

I turn, walking out the lab fully, and I was only halfway down the steps when Barry caught up to me, grabbing my hand, interlocking our fingers.